Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Are you looking for riding shoes only or are you taking into consideration riding boots too?
If it's the latter I would strongly advise getting actual riding boots, not because shoes are badly made but because there is a level of protection they simply can't offer considering the difference in form factor (a very good example would be ankle twisting, amongst other type of injuries that shoes can't prevent).

Comfort could be a concern, but from personal experience I can assure you that there are some very comfortable riding boots that offer good protection while not being completely track oriented, in my case I use Dainese TR Course Out boots, I regularly go to work, commute, walk around with them even for long hours and while they are indeed not as comfortable as your normal shoes I found that (for me) they haven't been uncomfortable at all either.
Another very good example of good riding boots that you can easily wear everywhere would be the Alpinestars SMX6 boots and both these boots are around the price point of the shoes you showed too.

Is your dresscode at work is strict? If so riding to work with boots and changing to normal shoes when you arrive could also be an option. Although it's annoying having to do it, the way I see it is that I'd rather have this minor inconvenience than having less protection. Of course we all hope that nothing happens, but sometimes it could just be out of our control and it's better O be safe than sorry when it does.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Hi,

What do you guys think about OSCAR MONTY RIDING SHOES?

http://www.alpinestars.com/monty-riding-shoe#.Vn49JZMrLMU

I'm looking for a set of boots I can where to ride and walk around through a day of work.. Let me know what boot recommendations you have.. Thanks in advance.
The only motorcycle boot feature these have is the TPU discs in the ankles. You can find boots like these in other brands for half the cost.

Check out the TCX line of motorcycle boots. They have several boots like the Monty's. I had a pair of the TCX X-Square boots and they were very comfortable from day one. I imagine other TCX's would be as good.

Revzilla has the full line. You might find them cheaper somewhere else, though.

http://www.revzilla.com/tcx-boots

1 - 5 of 5 Posts