Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Besides the cool factor and it looks awesome, you also lose 6 pounds of unsprung weight.

6lbs = 2.72kg

Surprised the std swingarm is so heavy, its wafer thin.
If I was racing in a series that allowed such mods, I couldn't afford to be in it,
and certainly wouldn't be on an R3 with such open regs.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
6lbs = 2.72kg

Surprised the std swingarm is so heavy, its wafer thin.
If I was racing in a series that allowed such mods, I couldn't afford to be in it,
and certainly wouldn't be on an R3 with such open regs.
With the money I save not racing and buying lots of tires, I might be able to afford it! haha

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Cool, but at 1 large - ouch!! It can only be made by highly-skilled craftsmen sequestered in a mountaintop monastery somewhere - hopefully, with more R3's coming there will be some competition soon. Still, at a per-pound cost for weight shedded, it's in the range of a set of rearsets and clip-ons or a 420 chain conversion. If 6 lbs is legit, that is...Aufitt - weighed your swingarm yet?

·
Registered
194 Posts
WANT! **** that's a nice piece of hardware. I come from a car modding world and spending way more on mods than the entire car is worth is commonplace. 6lbs off of unsprung weight on our little bikes is huge.

·
Registered
230 Posts
what it really needs is an adjustable pivot. But that will violate everybody's rule book. The Japanese are wierd, they'll spend a ton of money on 'cheap' bikes for some reason. Ok, I'm sure there are other cultures equally zany, but I'm guessing there is a series that allows this mod.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts