Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was thinking of wraping a Tennis racket Overgrip tape on the stock R3 grip to give it a more comfortable cushion and added tackiness. Does doing this safe? Opinion are always welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
542 Posts
With some glue, yes. In all honesty though, spend the 15 or 20 bucks and get some new grips so the diameter of the grip doesn't change. Unless you have huge hands that tape is going to stretch your hand out a good bit which could wind up being very uncomfortable

·
Registered
761 Posts
Read this and then the rest of my reply.. http://www.r3-forums.com/forum/289-yamaha-r3-general-discussion/63642-buzzieness.html

Highly recommend. Will be the best $11 you spend. Cut the grip to length and use a cup of water with a few drops of liquid dish soap. Use this mix to lube the inside of the grip and slide it on. Will not move and can be removed later by cutting them off if need be.

Do not use tape... It will become sticky at some point and get all over your hands/gloves. I bought them because the small diameter hurts my hands after a short while. With the larger grip diameter, my hands no longer hurt and these also absorb vibrations. Trust me, you will love them!

You can see them installed below.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Neat! Checked the link you provided what diameter should I pick? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts