Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm getting this Pain between index finger and thumb after riding for few minutes. Throttle seems very tight for me. I thought this will go away when I get used to but it's more than a month now and the break-in period is over. I am content with the play of throttle, it seems correct but pulling it after travelling long distance is a pain. Can we loosen it up without reducing the play?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I think it should be loose than current. Without gloves and with pillion this is prominent.
there's a little freeplay at the beginning then it gets tight
maybe bring it to the dealer and have them side to side compare to another one on display?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Are you wearing a brand new pair of gloves still in the brand new flat shape. Higher end gloves come pre-curved in the natural grip shape. Your hand could be exerting against the glove shape and also the twisting of the throttle.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
is it too tight or you are holding onto it too hard?

and also is the grip circumference too small for you?
Are we talking about throttle or too much time on the internet?

The throttle should snap back immediately and without binding to idle when you release it. If not, you could have a bind in the cable somewhere. If it snaps back, then throttle is probably set up correctly. Try relaxing or changing your grip. Other than that, the usual remedies are sorbthane-type grips, bigger grips, or change in grip position (not possible on R3 without handlebar mods).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts