Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to paint my lower (black) fairings and that out of place (black) fairing right behind the front wheel when looking at the bike from the side...
I found Rustoleum For Plastic 2x Metallic Silver is almost a perfect match for the factory silver...

Pics will be up when fairings are done and re mounted...

·
Registered
117 Posts
I was going to try to find a plasti dip color in blue and silver because it looks like they went cheap and only painted 60% of the bike. It looks low budget. If it was painted it would look better. I liked the red and white one that was painted. Totally changed the look of the bike.

Plasti dip actually holds up well. If it looks good I'll keep it on, if not I'll peel it off. I did our Jeep wheels and we offroad with it Still on after a year.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Looks good, but I think you may want to paint the black top section so it flows better. Not sure how complicated it would be to paint it though. I might try the Plastidip blurple from pep boys with the glossifier over it. Not a perfect match, but it might be a close enough match if it isn't touching the other blue. Has anyone tried that yet? Please post pics if anyone has tried blurple plasti dip.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts