Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I installed a PCV which supposedly came with a requested MAP for full exhaust, high flow filter, smog pump removed and 5000ft elevation, the bike ran like crap with a big hesitation when applying throttle , scary when exiting a turn, it did seem to have a bit more snap to it otherwise, so being computer stupid I spent alot of time figuring out the download procedure from PC, as far as I can tell there are only 3 MAPS available for download, stock, slip-on, and full yosh system, after going over the charts I find the stock to be the richest in the range the hesitation occurs ( if I'm reading things correctly) so I loaded it, the bike runs better, the hesitation is barely noticable. the MAP which came with the PC was for the full Yosh system not including the other mods.
So what gives with a full system needing a leaner mix?( according to the PC maps) this is opposite of what I would expect to see.
I have searched and could not find other MAPS for specific set-ups available elsewhere.
Any advice to a newbe with PC would be appreciated, or pointing me to an appropriate MAP I can dowload, Dont want to hurt this bike running lean.

·
Registered
226 Posts
So I installed a PCV which supposedly came with a requested MAP for full exhaust, high flow filter, smog pump removed and 5000ft elevation, the bike ran like crap with a big hesitation when applying throttle , scary when exiting a turn, it did seem to have a bit more snap to it otherwise, so being computer stupid I spent alot of time figuring out the download procedure from PC, as far as I can tell there are only 3 MAPS available for download, stock, slip-on, and full yosh system, after going over the charts I find the stock to be the richest in the range the hesitation occurs ( if I'm reading things correctly) so I loaded it, the bike runs better, the hesitation is barely noticable. the MAP which came with the PC was for the full Yosh system not including the other mods.
So what gives with a full system needing a leaner mix?( according to the PC maps) this is opposite of what I would expect to see.
I have searched and could not find other MAPS for specific set-ups available elsewhere.
Any advice to a newbe with PC would be appreciated, or pointing me to an appropriate MAP I can dowload, Dont want to hurt this bike running lean.
What system do you have? and any other mods?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What system do you have? and any other mods?
Yosh slip-on modified with midpipe,( stock headers) so CAT is removed, all smog removed using your block-off plate. also have a modified vance & hines with mid pipe, same hesitation.( to be honest I think there was a slight hesitation when stock)
will be getting a high flow filter.
I'm not after squeezing every bit of HP, just want it running clean( not lean) and looking/sounding decent.

·
Registered
95 Posts

Who gave you the map? I sent Spears Racing a message in getting a similar map set up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MotoMummy, they just loaded one of the MAPS from PC website, If I was better educated I would have bought it from Spears, ignorance isn't bliss!!
I know better now

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Regardless of my Frankenstein exhaust , I still dont understand why a free-er flowing exhaust would require a leaner Map ( according to PC's Maps), more air pumping should require more fuel and since this exhaust caused lean symptoms it indicates it is flowing more air.
Anyway, it's running very well at the moment, I'll get it tuned when I visit a "Big City with a proper shop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts