·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Easy and no Fabrication

Need:
  • Longer bolt Size: M6 x 1.0 metric

• RAM Handlebar Rail Mount with Zinc Coated U-Bolt Base & Universal X-Grip
Buy the correct universal X-grip for your phone, i bought the RAM Handlebar Rail Mount with Zinc Coated U-Bolt Base & Universal X-Grip® Large Phone/Phablet Cradle since i have the iphone plus.

RAM Handlebar Rail Mount with Zinc Coated U-Bolt Base and Universal X-Grip® Cell/iPhone Cradle
Part Number: RAM-B-149Z-UN7U
Apple iPhone SE Apple iPhone 6 Apple iPhone 5s Apple iPhone 5c Apple iPhone 5 Apple iPhone 4S Apple iPhone 4 Apple iPod touch (All Models) Apple iPod (G1-G5) Samsung Galaxy S7 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

RAM Handlebar Rail Mount with Zinc Coated U-Bolt Base & Universal X-Grip® Large Phone/Phablet Cradle
Part Number:RAM-B-149Z-UN10U
Apple iPhone 6 Apple iPhone 6 Plus Apple iPhone 6s Apple iPhone 6s Plus Nexus 6 Nexus 5 Samsung Galaxy S6 Samsung Galaxy S5 Samsung Galaxy S4 Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Samsung Galaxy Note

These products are cheaper on Amazon just search using the part number.

·
Registered
197 Posts
BRILLIANT!
Now you can text your way right into the trunk of the Buick that stopped to turn into his driveway.
Bury it in your tank bag, or your pocket, or under the seat. If you need to use it - STOP!

·
Registered
542 Posts
BRILLIANT!
Now you can text your way right into the trunk of the Buick that stopped to turn into his driveway.
Bury it in your tank bag, or your pocket, or under the seat. If you need to use it - STOP!
Or, use your phone for navigation/waze.

Unbelievably enough, there are people that do things other than text on their phones.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Or, use your phone for navigation/waze.
Unbelievably enough, there are people that do things other than text on their phones.
One thing about smart phones - if they are handy and visible and they do something, it is difficult not to sneak a peek.
A lot of bad **** can happen on a motorcycle (or in a car) in a split second.

·
Super Moderator
1,329 Posts
What I mean is that location is *so low*, you've got a snowball's chance in h3ll of even taking a peek at it (I've got a GPS there, and I have to pull over). Now if it were mounted a bit higher, then it would be far more tempting to peek and still kinda see the road. Now it's annoying to pull over, but I left it there because it's better that I literally can't see it while riding.

·
Registered
197 Posts
What I mean is that location is *so low*, you've got a snowball's chance in h3ll of even taking a peek at it (I've got a GPS there, and I have to pull over). Now if it were mounted a bit higher, then it would be far more tempting to peek and still kinda see the road. Now it's annoying to pull over, but I left it there because it's better that I literally can't see it while riding.
Understood.
Perhaps I am just "old school". The first few days I realized I was occasionally looking at the clock while moving. Gave myself a dope slap and don't do that anymore.
I'm prefer a big tachometer, small speedo, and oil and temp. warnings. I have shutoff the shift indicator light, and ignore the gear indicator. I know when I am in the correct gear for what I am doing.

·
Super Moderator
1,329 Posts
Gave myself a dope slap and don't do that anymore.
Speaking of dope slap, last Sunday neighbor on left waved at me as I pulled away, I looked and waved back. Look forward, neighbor on right one house down has backed into my path from their driveway, swerve and save of the day. Man that would have have been so embarrassing at 3 mph.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Speaking of dope slap, last Sunday neighbor on left waved at me as I pulled away, I looked and waved back. Look forward, neighbor on right one house down has backed into my path from their driveway, swerve and save of the day. Man that would have have been so embarrassing at 3 mph.
I hear ya. Even at 3 mph it's that blink of an eye thing.
For a while a friend of mine , after a close call, had a sticky label on his upper triple clamp that said "MAKE NO ASSUMPTIONS!" :laugh:

·
Registered
175 Posts
I've seen recent Youtube vids of bikers installing phone mounts just to play Pokemon Go. Not a recommended multitask.

I openly admit having the same set up. With brief peeks for Nav. Touching only when stopped. And no Pokemon Go on either of my phones at ANY time.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've seen recent Youtube vids of bikers installing phone mounts just to play Pokemon Go. Not a recommended multitask.

I openly admit having the same set up. With brief peeks for Nav. Touching only when stopped. And no Pokemon Go on either of my phones at ANY time.
Not going to lie, ghetto rigged a suction cup phone mount to the tach, put on pokemon go, and rode around my neighborhood to hatch some eggs. Still a bit different than actually playing, just have it open and log some kms

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
BRILLIANT!
Not for texting or play games on phone. Just need it for GPS ( Long cruises ) , check who is calling me ( Bluetooth Sena ) and making sure my GoPro view is ok ( GoPro for safety reasons incase someone hits me and tries to blame me for it ) :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
This is a good DIY, but I have to agree with everyone else saying that you probably shouldn't give yourself the opportunity to be distracted by something like this.
Personally, I don't take super long trips on my bike. When I do have to use navigation, I either 1. Memorize where I'm going, based off of analyzing the map, or 2. I use headphones plugged into my phone and listen for the navigation.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts