Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

Willphmoto here from the youtubes. Picking up a used 2015 R3 to turn into a track bike on tuesday. I am super excited!!!!

Budget is tight this year, but I've ordered an R6 throttle tube, and found a used set of nortonfab risers and a annitori quick shifter used on Kijiji (Canadian version of craigslist). Hopefully will have everything before Friday coming as Sunday July 9th is a track day and hope to bring the R3 there!

I have a 2011 Ducati 848evo and after a few scares, I got too afraid to potentially drop the duc, and that was holding me back! One moderate crash could potentially cost me what I've paid for the R3.

Nevertheless I am excited :D I've been registered since I decided to buy the R3, and have been doing so much reading! Great info here! Thanks so much!!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Welcome, and you will enjoy the R3 on the track. It will make you a better rider for sure. I'm running the norton riser brackets, a slip on exhaust and Bridgestone S20 with the stock suspension. Have fun!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Welcome! Have fun tracking the R3 it'll be a lot less stressful having to constantly worry about the costs of the Duc, and will mean you can focus on your skills and improve riding. Ride safe :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome, and you will enjoy the R3 on the track. It will make you a better rider for sure. I'm running the norton riser brackets, a slip on exhaust and Bridgestone S20 with the stock suspension. Have fun!
Thanks man! That makes me feel better as that will be what I have for the rest of this season. Cant afford track fairings yet either....so going to play it a tad safer this year. What did you put your rear shock load to? im about 160lbs without the gear.

Welcome! Have fun tracking the R3 it'll be a lot less stressful having to constantly worry about the costs of the Duc, and will mean you can focus on your skills and improve riding. Ride safe :)
Yes, I think that is the main driver for me. But I will miss running the 848evo thru the turns....that bike comes alive at the track!

Welcome! Track pics please!
I'll have videos as I am a youtuber ;)
I pick up the bike tomorrow! I'll snap a few iphone pics.

·
Registered
68 Posts
What did you put your rear shock load to? im about 160lbs without the gear.

I have mine at 6, but I'm close to 195 with gear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts