Yamaha R3 Forums banner

Pirelli Rosso II Review

9K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Hory_Mory 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to throw out a small review of the Pirelli Diablo Rosso II tires for the R3 in the stock size. I didn't go for a larger size because Yamaha knows way more about motorcycle tire sizes than I do so I decided to just upgrade the rubber. Bike's at ~4,600 miles and the Michelins it came with were decently worn, but I swapped because I unfortunately ran over a nail on the rear.

So, how does it feel? Like it's on rails. This is the best money spent for this bike. The bike holds its line through corners like you wouldn't believe possible. The difference between these and the stock ones are night and day. The level of grip gives you so much confidence to lean over and push harder. Before I switched, I was having trouble getting a knee down. After? I got my knee down within 15 minutes of riding. Quick 90 degree turns on the street are much easier too, the bike feels like it can take whatever you throw at it.

Skip the exhaust, get better tires. You'll be glad you did.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I just changed my stock tyres this weekend to Rosso 2, they are really great! the only downside for me is that the back break feels very sluggish now. not sure if that is because of the new tyre or just something went wrong when guys had to fit the rear wheel back on.
Most noticeable difference is how quickly they heat up!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.