Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question!

I've been noticing that my r3 is not loud enough, even with my slip on.
When I'm in 6th gear I'm pretty much absent through the ears of car drivers around me! I'm planning on having the cat converter deleted but wondering the cons about doing this and what would you have to do extra to the bike in addition to the cat delete?

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
There's nothing required if you just want to replace the cat with a straight pipe. The bike will surely be louder.

However, without a tune, you will lose some low and mid RPM pick up and throttle repsonse. The bike might also start to backfire significantly more.

FWIW, I don't have a cat on my bike. And the bike isn't tuned. But it does have a Yoshi slip-on. I noticed an improvement across the rev range (maybe not in the upper RPM) with more back pressure when I installed the silencer. The mid range does seem to have a minor hesistation/delay before the power kicks in.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Quick question!

I've been noticing that my r3 is not loud enough, even with my slip on.
When I'm in 6th gear I'm pretty much absent through the ears of car drivers around me! I'm planning on having the cat converter deleted but wondering the cons about doing this and what would you have to do extra to the bike in addition to the cat delete?

Thanks in advance :)

Although it is not a have to, you really need some kind of fuel management if you remove the cat.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Considering the yoshi slip-on, didn't wanna tune (hence not getting the full). But you do notice any difference with the slip-ons? I didn't think the stock sounded too scooterish to begin with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts