Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here plasti dipped their R3? Or any bike at all? I'm in the process of changing my 15' Raven to a matte army green. So far, the bike looks beautiful. Lots of imperfections but this is my first time dipping anything and you really have to try to seek them out to notice. I can say this... I will never go through this process again lol. I took all the fairings off to make sure every piece a nice even coat and had more detail. Getting the fairings off was semi-easy. But putting them back on... was a like taking a 1000 piece jig-saw puzzle and putting it back together. This is my first bike ever, so I took it as a lesson to learn the bike a bit more, both inside and out. I should be completely finished with it in about 2 days.
But I'm curious if anyone else has ever tried this out before.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Has anyone here plasti dipped their R3? Or any bike at all? I'm in the process of changing my 15' Raven to a matte army green. .
That looks flipping sweet man! I'm a fan of older bikes in OD green but that looks sick on your R3.:)

Jay

·
Registered
218 Posts
Plasti dipped my red R3. Did a bunch of pieces red and white to cover up a bulk of the black. It was my first time using the product, but I thought it was pretty user friendly. It may not match 100%, but i'll gladly sacrifice some quality for the flexibilty of it vs spraypaint or something permanent

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is the finished product. Very proud of my work but like I said, I will never do this again. The sun was being bipolar but I snapped a few pics. I'm debating wether I should keep the red accents, change the color, or get rid it completely.

Attachments

·
Registered
346 Posts
Here is the finished product. Very proud of my work but like I said, I will never do this again. The sun was being bipolar but I snapped a few pics. I'm debating wether I should keep the red accents, change the color, or get rid it completely.
I like how you have a rectangle taped off for your bike, lol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had to make sure the wife's SUV, my Mustang, and my bike could in the garage lol. Space is tight but it works!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Does plati-dip has a good resistence?
I mean for wash with water bomb or using some cleanning products.
Does it goes good in the lower parts of the fairings?
Tks

·
Registered
218 Posts
Does plati-dip has a good resistence?
I mean for wash with water bomb or using some cleanning products.
Does it goes good in the lower parts of the fairings?
Tks
Pastidip is durable. I'm not sure along the lines of heavy chemical cleaning products, but really you shouldn't have to use cleaning products on the Pastidip, just soap and water. I used it on a lot of the areas dirt kicks up/areas where my knee is rubs, and so far there hasn't been any rips or tares. it also peels off very easily, and doesn't leave any stains or residue.

·
Registered
364 Posts
You know you are OCD when you tape-off the parking spot for the bike :laugh:

·
Registered
101 Posts
It doesn't hold well if you don't use a product to free all surface from fat and dirty.
I plati depped my tank cover this weekend, and for now it's going good.
I'll test the product and take some conclusions. The objective is to cover all bike in matt blue.
Check out the result:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts