Yamaha R3 Forums banner

481 - 500 of 588 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,068 Posts
Hello everyone.

Picked up my 2015 R3 about a month ago. Put about 2k miles so far getting to know it’s quirks. Gonna be my new track bike. Also have a 2009 R1 that I converted to commuter with pro taper bars among other things. I hate that bike in the track. It scares the crap out of me. Sep 15-16 will be at Buttonwillow with the R3.

Btw, any threads on how to gp shift the R3?
Welcome. We have several active racers on this forum. Start another thread asking "how to". I suspect those guys/girls can help out. Good luck in Sept. Let us know how your weekend goes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Guys !

Been lurking for a while , figured it's time to actually be a productive member and say hello . Been riding for years and looking forward to talking with you guys !

Adam

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone! I am newbie here!
I have 3 years of experience riding motorcycles and have ridden many bikes from 125-650cc.
I am owner of a 2014 Honda CBR125R.
I will be upgrading to a bigger bike by the end of 2018, I hope so...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone. I’m new to motorcycles and have an ‘17 R3. Love it! I bought it new in April ‘18 and have 5k miles on it. I’m interested in all types of motorcycle riding whether it’s canyons, track days, stunts or wheelies, gymkhana or cruising. Looking to learn more and make some friends!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Need riding buddies!

Hello everybody. I’m new to riding and looking for riding buddies in the SF Bay Area. Rookies, Advanced riders, anyone who wants to ride! Feel free to send me a message. Ask questions or whatever. Hoping to get the most out of my bike! Have a great day!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,

New to this forum with a new to me 2017 R3 I picked up with 1,800 miles. Other bike in the stable is a FJR.

- Dave in AZ

·
Registered
42 Posts
New rider from sunny southern California. I purchased a used 2016 R3 from a local with only 2,300 miles, full Yamaha accessories and Yoshimura Y-Series exhaust. Looking for local riders to enjoy the road with. -David

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just bought a 2013 R3 in Raven.Just dropped it back at dealer for recall on radiator hose. Anyone else had this issue?
Several of us have had this done and Yamaha seems eager to take care of it. I've put 1200 miles on mine so far and enjoyed every one of them. The R3 is an inexpensive masterpiece, good things do come in small packages.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys!

Finally replaced my second bike with a 2016 Yamaha R3. Such a cool bike.

I'm planning to have this bike as a training bike to learn all the levels in Lorenzo Riding School (Chicho Lorenzo is an amazing teacher).

Bike came with frame sliders, rear axle sliders and bar end sliders.

Already installed the front fork sliders. Waiting on the mail a new set of fairings (I'll store the OEM that are in great shape, no need to treat them bad!), engine case covers and exhaust sliders.

I'll be making mistakes during the learning process and want to make sure the bike is as protected as possible.

Let me know if anybody else has tried to do this before or if you have any tips! Anybody knows if I can run the training setup without headlights?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,068 Posts
Hey guys!

Finally replaced my second bike with a 2016 Yamaha R3. Such a cool bike.

I'm planning to have this bike as a training bike to learn all the levels in Lorenzo Riding School (Chicho Lorenzo is an amazing teacher).

Bike came with frame sliders, rear axle sliders and bar end sliders.

Already installed the front fork sliders. Waiting on the mail a new set of fairings (I'll store the OEM that are in great shape, no need to treat them bad!), engine case covers and exhaust sliders.

I'll be making mistakes during the learning process and want to make sure the bike is as protected as possible.

Let me know if anybody else has tried to do this before or if you have any tips! Anybody knows if I can run the training setup without headlights?
Welcome to the forum. I'm not a racer. But you can get more info concerning the R3 on the race track and it's riders, by going to the top of this page. Under "Forums" see "Yamaha R3 Pit Area" and click to see past post and conversations. If you don't see anything that answers your questions, write a post in this forum area and ask. We've lots of knowledgeable racers, and they have plenty of opinions. You just need to get their attention. ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello All,

Recently got my R3 a few weeks ago … first bike ever , zero experience at all on motorcycle. dropped it quite a few times already , first few days, 4 times , and just recently , last night … released the clutch while parking :( … short and newbie rider issues, 5"3 and 70 kgs.

Enjoying the learning experience though, did my first solo ride yesterday , I have to say , **** … dunno why it took me this long to get a bike :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

New member here from Southern California! About 2 weeks ago I picked up my 2019 Yamaha YZF-R3 with ABS! I love it!

Fender Eliminator installed and flush mount front turn signals arriving this Friday. Also tinting the windscreen this weekend :).

481 - 500 of 588 Posts