Yamaha R3 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
501 - 520 of 666 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm Paolo and I'm from Vancouver BC. Picked up my R3 February last year and I'm loving it! Soon moving on to do some track days when I get some decent rubber on. Picked up a few things for my bike as recommend from the forum.

I'm newly licensed and I'm riding with a group who is also pretty new to motorcycling.

Hope to pick up some more information and gain more experience from the forum.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Happy to have found this forum. Looks like there are great topics to follow.
I am fairly new to riding. Own a 2016 R3, love it! Got it new last year.
Had it lowered and have had the recall work done otherwise it is unchanged, so far.
Welcome to the forum. What was done to "lower" your bike? And did it accomplish what you thought was needed to make the bike more to your liking?

Hello,

New rider here from Wichita Kansas! I completed the MSF course and picked up a Yamaha R3 2015 in blue with 8K miles as my first bike. My cup is empty and I'm here to learn and grow with this bike for a few years. Glad to be a part of this community!

Hello,

New rider here from Wichita Kansas! I completed the MSF course and picked up a Yamaha R3 2015 in blue with 8K miles as my first bike. My cup is empty and I'm here to learn and grow with this bike for a few years. Glad to be a part of this community!
Welcome to the forum. Lots of info already here. Upper Left of page, scroll through the "Forums" section. Upper Right near log in/out @ "Custom Search" is also available. Ride Safe.

New rider, new bike, new life! :p loll

Only regret I have is not getting a bike sooner.
I've been loving every minute riding and when I'm not, I'm doing research and studying motorcycles/skills.

Went against the grain and bought my bike brand new, yup my first bike.
I have no plans on ever selling it, even when I do buy another bike which is another reason I bought new. :)

2019 Yamaha R3 Vivid White

We had a T-Rex lowering link used to drop it about 1 and 1/2 inches. Also needed to lower the front to match and swap out the kickstand for an adjustable one.

It has helped as before It was very tricky for me to put out the kickstand, most often as I extended my leg i could just reach the ball on the stand but when my leg fully extended it would slip from the toe of my boot and pop back up. Most often I would wait for my husband to hold the bike for me so I could get enough leg to extend the stand. This was growing old real fast. lol

Now that I am more comfortable riding we will set it up a little higher as the bike is not very stable on this stand as it is. Sad because still at this height I can just barely touch my tip toes and to do so I totter side to side. However my riding is improving and tri-podding is coming to be more natural, so as long as I can get the kickstand down I think I will be fine.

Hi there,

New rider here from Belgium/spain, just got my brand new yamaha r3 2019.
Hope to pick up some more information and gain more experience from the forum
Welcome. In the upper left of page is "Forums". Scroll and choose your topic of interest. There's a lot of info already there. If you don't see what you need, ASK.

Hello - folks.

Old rider here, been riding for almost 4 decades now. Had all sorts of 2 wheelers. CBR400RR, FJ1100, RG250, RC45, RZV500 to name some of the interesting ones.
Current stable has a bevvy of 2 strokes - NS400, TZR250 and a slew of track only bikes.

Latest project is a downright silly CBR1000RR SP2 WSBK clone build.

But what brings me to the R3 fold is a sort of full circle journey - I started with the Yamahas ubiquitous 350cc from the previous century - the RZ350.

I am interested in the R3 as the entry level sportbike it is but with a twist - I feel compelled to shoehorn one the extra RZ350YPVS motors I have on the shelf into the R3 - just because :)

So that's it in a nutshell really. :)

Oh, and is there a way to pay my way out seeing these banner ads? Some sort of Premium Membership perhaps?

Hello, i'm a rider from indonesia, been riding R25 since 2015, had a blast with the bike, it's my daily commute & tourer since, never done any track day because i can't afford the expense, but got a bit experience on twisties, considering i've been riding since 2008

I've read and learned alot about R25/3 from this forum, so i decided to join. Cheers!

Hello!

I had my motorcycle license now for three years and finally pulled the trigger by buying a 2019 R3. About time!

I've done some dirt bike riding and the first 350 miles of street reminded of how much I need to practice...

At any rate I look forward to learning my R3 and contributing my own experiences to this forum.

Hello There! New to the forum world. Ended up here in search of some help. I installed a PCV on my 2019 Yahama R3 w/ABS, now I'm looking for a map! Does anyone care to share one? I have an Akra Full System exhaust installed.

501 - 520 of 666 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.