Yamaha R3 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
521 - 540 of 666 Posts
New R3 rider from Texas

Hi everyone! I’m 44 and finally bought my first bike- R3! I’ve been riding dirty every day for the last 2 months without my M endorsement. I’m taking the MSF class first week in August. I know this is sad, but you tube how to videos are what helped me not be so intimidated on how to learn to ride. I am 230 pounds and find myself wanting a bigger bike already. Is this common with most riders? I’ve really been eying a discounted new 2018 model MT-07. Any words of wisdom would be great! I joined the forum to learn everything I can from great experienced people. Thank you guys, stay safe.

Hi everyone! I’m 44 and finally bought my first bike- R3! I’ve been riding dirty every day for the last 2 months without my M endorsement. I’m taking the MSF class first week in August. I know this is sad, but you tube how to videos are what helped me not be so intimidated on how to learn to ride. I am 230 pounds and find myself wanting a bigger bike already. Is this common with most riders? I’ve really been eying a discounted new 2018 model MT-07. Any words of wisdom would be great! I joined the forum to learn everything I can from great experienced people. Thank you guys, stay safe.
Welcome to the forum. And congrats on your new bike. "Words of Wisdom" are pretty rare on this, and every other, public forum. But opinions and comments abound. :laugh: There's a "Forum" section upper left of this page. Scroll to and open "New Riders". If you like, start a new post and ask your question just as you did in this post. You may get more responses with a question outside of your introduction. Enjoy.

Hi there! New forum member here, also a brand new rider. I have approximately 4 weeks of riding experience under my belt but am already hooked and realizing there is so much to learn. I bought a used 2017 black and red Yamaha R3 last month and I love it! I'm starting off slow and keeping to quiet country roads and towns for now in order to get used to cornering, shifting etc but eventually the goal will be to commute to work with it and take it out for longer weekend rides. I started off 2 years ago by buying a 2017 Yamaha Vino scooter and absolutely loved it so decided to stick with the Yamaha brand when it came time to get a motorcycle.

Looking forward to learning lots about the R3 community here. :)

Hi I just bought a 2019 YAMAHA YZF-R3 how can I make it have 100whp?????

Kidding.

This is my first motorcycle, been a car guy forever. Wanted something different. But didn't want to jump into something actually fast. It's been great so far. I've commuted on it every day since I picked it up. Taking the MSF course this weekend. Couldn't be happier. Glad to see that there are still active forum users in 2019. So tired of Facebook groups asking the same questions over and over again.

Attachments

New R3 "Owner"

What's up everyone? New R3 "owner" here. I put that in quotes because It's supposed to be my wife's bike, but I'm enjoying riding it way too much :D.

I currently own a 2015 R1 and a 2011 Hypermotard 1100 Evo SP, but the R3 is such a hoot, that's pretty much all I'm riding since "we got my wife" the bike.

She is a brand new rider, I'll be pointing her to the forum. I'll see you around, keep that rubber down!

Hi, returning rider with a recently purchased 2019 R3 with ABS in vivid white. I rode a Honda Grom for about a year prior to this bike and back when I was in school years and years ago.

I love the look, sound, and capabilities of the R3 and doubt I will outgrow it anytime soon. Looking forward to learning more about this bike from everyone.

Super street fighter

Hello,
Experienced,rider with a new 2019 , blue R3.
Am building a super street fighter.
So far, have removed 60 lbs off the bike and will be removing another 30 lbs in the next couple months. Goal is 254 lbs, curb weight.
M4 works titanium exhaust
BMC air filter
Aracer rc 2 super ecu with Norton race maps
Absolutely love this machine..so far. Only 250 miles.
Can’t believe the difference the ecu made. Pulls the front wheel up shifting into 2nd and am in the 80’s by the end of 3rd gear.
Will be doing up a complete build on here soon.

Hello!
I'm from the beautiful California. Located in the Bay Area.
The rides here are beautiful and I've been on my R3 for about 5 months now.
I'm enjoying every moment with it!
Hoping to meet cool people and talk about the beautiful r3

Hello Everyone,

I'm based in Thailand at the moment, but from England and have been riding my R3 for about 6 months, after upgrading from an old CBR 150.
Looking forward to being a part of the forum.
Cheers, Alasdair

Hi all,

Henry from SF Bay Area. I came back to motorcycling after 20 years when I stopped after my first child was born. I picked up the bike I'd seen and wanted for a number years, a Ducati Streetfighter 848. It's fast and a thrill to ride but I wanted something a little lighter and with less power to practice curve carving without the throttle snatch and possibly to take to the track.

I picked up my used 2015 R3 about a month ago. It had a number of items already installed which saved me having to do them; tank grips, frame sliders, knock-off EssSee Project full exhaust, flush turn signals, tail tidy, and swing-arm spools. Before I took my first ride on it, I had Traxxion Dynamics springs, a Ninja 650R shock using the Norton adapter, Vortex clip-ons, R6 throttle tube, and SS front brake line installed. Whatever it rode like before, I don't know, but it currently rides really nice, carving the mountainous curves near me really well.

Attachments

Have been visiting the r3 forum for the last 2 years without making an account. Recently bought my 2nd R3 and loving it! Keen to meet some like minded riders (or better yet, female and short so we can work through the height issues haha)

Hello, I'm new to the forum. I've been riding for 40+ years. I'm a rider coach at a local tack day/school. My wife tracks an R3, I track a 2016 Yamaha FZ-07, and I just picked up a new 2019 R3 for street duty. The R3 preferred weapon of choice at the smaller track, closest to our home. I just had to see what all the fun was about!!! I can't "track" the R3 as I have a Titanium plate, and screws in my neck which makes riding the "proper" sport bike on track impossible. (I can't lift my head high enough to see where I'm going in a corner). I love my FZ-07, and it will be my dedicated track bike now. I can tolerate the riding position of the R3 for street use. Looking forward to getting to know it more!!!!

521 - 540 of 666 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.