Yamaha R3 Forums banner

561 - 573 of 573 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome to R3-Forums, the Internet's first Yamaha YFZ-R3 Forum! Please post an intro and tell us a bit about yourself. Your riding history, why you love or hate the R3, and anything else you want us to know. Whether you're a beginner or an advanced rider, you are always welcome!

Your R3 Admins
Hey everyone. My name's David, and I just bought an R3 a few months back. I'm stepping off a Triumph Thruxton R, as I had my right foot amputated, and the Triumph was way too heavy for me to roll in and out of my garage. I can manage the R3 just fine. I'm 68 years old, and have been riding since I was a kid. I don't find the power of the R3 to be as much if a disappointment as I thought I would. And the handling is excellent (I only weigh 145 lbs). Here's a pic of my R3 after mods. I find I'm liking the bike more and more.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Manoj from India, i Own a black October 2016 Yamaha R3 that i bought in November 2018 at 1537kms, and since then in 1 year 5 months have completed 20k kms, done a lot 200-300kms a day rides, use her as my daily ride, the longest has been a 1350kms return ride to IBW goa in December, she's the perfect jekyll-hyde bike, perfect for everyday needs, perfect on the highways too, its gonna be many more smooth sailing kms in the coming years..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello everyone, my name is Josh. I currently live in Colorado and just picked up my first 2016 R3 a few days ago. It's a salvage titled bike that i won in a bid from Copart. I intend on making this my first official track bike!! I know it doesn't have the power like an R6 or an R1, but that is not what I am after. I chose the R3 because I want to become a better rider myself and learn as much as I can before moving onto a bigger bike. Although this will be my first season on the track, if we can ever get there, I am still fairly newish to riding with just over two years of riding. But for those two years I rode almost every day as I used to live in Sacramento, CA. I also have a 2016 R1M that I daily ride as much as possible, and take out to the mountains whenever I get the chance. Looking forward to learning as much as I can from others builds and picking everyones brains. I will also be starting a build tread, but it'll be a budget build as I do not have the funds like some builds I follow. I wouldn't expect to learn much from my thread though, as I have never really worked on a bike myself just cars. So this is going to be a very interesting journey and a fun learning curve. Safe riding to all, and if you're in CO feel free to DM me for a ride. Hope to see y'all on the track at some point!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there, names Rhys from New Zealand and have just recently purchased my first road bike (2019 Yamaha MT-03). Never did a lot of riding growing up, but have become totally addicted.
Anyways really just here to look around and check out all the info that goes with these bikes.
Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey folks! Navarro here, brand new rider north of Dallas, Texas in the city of Mckinney. Just bought a 2020 R3 ABS in Silver. It's my first bike and wow what a great feeling! I'm currently just cruising around the neighborhood in my gear and getting use to the bike. Looking forward to when things open up a bit so I can take some classes and get my license. The bike was delivered on Friday and put the TST fender eliminator on it Sat! What a great bike!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi gang, very glad to be in this forum. I am currently looking for an R3 to make it a track bike. If you are selling one or know of anyone selling one than please let me know!

Thanks and happy riding!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone, my name is Josh. I currently live in Colorado and just picked up my first 2016 R3 a few days ago. It's a salvage titled bike that i won in a bid from Copart. I intend on making this my first official track bike!! I know it doesn't have the power like an R6 or an R1, but that is not what I am after. I chose the R3 because I want to become a better rider myself and learn as much as I can before moving onto a bigger bike. Although this will be my first season on the track, if we can ever get there, I am still fairly newish to riding with just over two years of riding. But for those two years I rode almost every day as I used to live in Sacramento, CA. I also have a 2016 R1M that I daily ride as much as possible, and take out to the mountains whenever I get the chance. Looking forward to learning as much as I can from others builds and picking everyones brains. I will also be starting a build tread, but it'll be a budget build as I do not have the funds like some builds I follow. I wouldn't expect to learn much from my thread though, as I have never really worked on a bike myself just cars. So this is going to be a very interesting journey and a fun learning curve. Safe riding to all, and if you're in CO feel free to DM me for a ride. Hope to see y'all on the track at some point!!
Same here man, I have heard an r3 makes for a great beginner track bike!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome to R3-Forums, the Internet's first Yamaha YFZ-R3 Forum! Please post an intro and tell us a bit about yourself. Your riding history, why you love or hate the R3, and anything else you want us to know. Whether you're a beginner or an advanced rider, you are always welcome!

Your R3 Admins
I am New Here. I am a relatively new rider. A 2011 BMW g650 is my first bike. It's a dual sports bike.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey gang. Realizing I forgot to post here first and introduce myself. I’ve been riding powered two wheel things a good 20 years or so, on trails and the street. In the last 5 years have dipped my toes into vintage road racing, and have finally come to exploring modern road racing (with an R3 that fell in my lap).

Recently, I spent mid-February at Laguna Seca, having shipped my '69 CB350 Production racer across the country from NYC to race there. Was lucky enough to place second in a race on Saturday and, thanks to better riding and one thinner grid, win both my races on Sunday! Picture of said sled attached :)

Anyway, I started a build thread for the R3 already, that can be found here: From Salvage to SuperSport: An R3 Build The bike was found in a back yard in Queens, NY, abandoned after a pretty serious front end crash. 2015, red, odometer only showing 989 miles (!!!). It fired right up with a battery and purrs like a kitten… perfect candidate for a modern track bike!

Hope to meet and chat with likeminded track folks on here and glean what I can in terms of build tips and tricks for this make and mark of small displacement fun. Feel free to comment on my build! Or just come roast me! Cheers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello there!
My name is Angelo, I live in Catania, Italy. I've been searching a forum like this for months and I've failed up to now because I was just searching Italian ones.
I'm very happy to join such an open and wide community as a proud owner of a 2015 R3, that's my very first bike!

Happy riding! ;)

561 - 573 of 573 Posts