Yamaha R3 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
561 - 580 of 666 Posts
Welcome to R3-Forums, the Internet's first Yamaha YFZ-R3 Forum! Please post an intro and tell us a bit about yourself. Your riding history, why you love or hate the R3, and anything else you want us to know. Whether you're a beginner or an advanced rider, you are always welcome!

Your R3 Admins
Hey everyone. My name's David, and I just bought an R3 a few months back. I'm stepping off a Triumph Thruxton R, as I had my right foot amputated, and the Triumph was way too heavy for me to roll in and out of my garage. I can manage the R3 just fine. I'm 68 years old, and have been riding since I was a kid. I don't find the power of the R3 to be as much if a disappointment as I thought I would. And the handling is excellent (I only weigh 145 lbs). Here's a pic of my R3 after mods. I find I'm liking the bike more and more.

Attachments

Hi Manoj from India, i Own a black October 2016 Yamaha R3 that i bought in November 2018 at 1537kms, and since then in 1 year 5 months have completed 20k kms, done a lot 200-300kms a day rides, use her as my daily ride, the longest has been a 1350kms return ride to IBW goa in December, she's the perfect jekyll-hyde bike, perfect for everyday needs, perfect on the highways too, its gonna be many more smooth sailing kms in the coming years..

Hello everyone, my name is Josh. I currently live in Colorado and just picked up my first 2016 R3 a few days ago. It's a salvage titled bike that i won in a bid from Copart. I intend on making this my first official track bike!! I know it doesn't have the power like an R6 or an R1, but that is not what I am after. I chose the R3 because I want to become a better rider myself and learn as much as I can before moving onto a bigger bike. Although this will be my first season on the track, if we can ever get there, I am still fairly newish to riding with just over two years of riding. But for those two years I rode almost every day as I used to live in Sacramento, CA. I also have a 2016 R1M that I daily ride as much as possible, and take out to the mountains whenever I get the chance. Looking forward to learning as much as I can from others builds and picking everyones brains. I will also be starting a build tread, but it'll be a budget build as I do not have the funds like some builds I follow. I wouldn't expect to learn much from my thread though, as I have never really worked on a bike myself just cars. So this is going to be a very interesting journey and a fun learning curve. Safe riding to all, and if you're in CO feel free to DM me for a ride. Hope to see y'all on the track at some point!!

Hi there, names Rhys from New Zealand and have just recently purchased my first road bike (2019 Yamaha MT-03). Never did a lot of riding growing up, but have become totally addicted.
Anyways really just here to look around and check out all the info that goes with these bikes.
Cheers

Hey folks! Navarro here, brand new rider north of Dallas, Texas in the city of Mckinney. Just bought a 2020 R3 ABS in Silver. It's my first bike and wow what a great feeling! I'm currently just cruising around the neighborhood in my gear and getting use to the bike. Looking forward to when things open up a bit so I can take some classes and get my license. The bike was delivered on Friday and put the TST fender eliminator on it Sat! What a great bike!!

Hello everyone, my name is Josh. I currently live in Colorado and just picked up my first 2016 R3 a few days ago. It's a salvage titled bike that i won in a bid from Copart. I intend on making this my first official track bike!! I know it doesn't have the power like an R6 or an R1, but that is not what I am after. I chose the R3 because I want to become a better rider myself and learn as much as I can before moving onto a bigger bike. Although this will be my first season on the track, if we can ever get there, I am still fairly newish to riding with just over two years of riding. But for those two years I rode almost every day as I used to live in Sacramento, CA. I also have a 2016 R1M that I daily ride as much as possible, and take out to the mountains whenever I get the chance. Looking forward to learning as much as I can from others builds and picking everyones brains. I will also be starting a build tread, but it'll be a budget build as I do not have the funds like some builds I follow. I wouldn't expect to learn much from my thread though, as I have never really worked on a bike myself just cars. So this is going to be a very interesting journey and a fun learning curve. Safe riding to all, and if you're in CO feel free to DM me for a ride. Hope to see y'all on the track at some point!!
Same here man, I have heard an r3 makes for a great beginner track bike!

Welcome to R3-Forums, the Internet's first Yamaha YFZ-R3 Forum! Please post an intro and tell us a bit about yourself. Your riding history, why you love or hate the R3, and anything else you want us to know. Whether you're a beginner or an advanced rider, you are always welcome!

Your R3 Admins
I am New Here. I am a relatively new rider. A 2011 BMW g650 is my first bike. It's a dual sports bike.

Hey gang. Realizing I forgot to post here first and introduce myself. I’ve been riding powered two wheel things a good 20 years or so, on trails and the street. In the last 5 years have dipped my toes into vintage road racing, and have finally come to exploring modern road racing (with an R3 that fell in my lap).

Recently, I spent mid-February at Laguna Seca, having shipped my '69 CB350 Production racer across the country from NYC to race there. Was lucky enough to place second in a race on Saturday and, thanks to better riding and one thinner grid, win both my races on Sunday! Picture of said sled attached :)

Anyway, I started a build thread for the R3 already, that can be found here: From Salvage to SuperSport: An R3 Build The bike was found in a back yard in Queens, NY, abandoned after a pretty serious front end crash. 2015, red, odometer only showing 989 miles (!!!). It fired right up with a battery and purrs like a kitten… perfect candidate for a modern track bike!

Hope to meet and chat with likeminded track folks on here and glean what I can in terms of build tips and tricks for this make and mark of small displacement fun. Feel free to comment on my build! Or just come roast me! Cheers.

Hello there!
My name is Angelo, I live in Catania, Italy. I've been searching a forum like this for months and I've failed up to now because I was just searching Italian ones.
I'm very happy to join such an open and wide community as a proud owner of a 2015 R3, that's my very first bike!

Happy riding! ;)

Hello everyone! I have ridden for about 4 years. I started on a 2017 Buddy Eclipse 125 to learn and get my endorsement with, then bought a 2020 Kawasaki Z125, which is by far my main ride since I brought it home. I also own a 1986 Honda Helix scooter that was just too good to pass on; 1700 original miles, perfect shape, and the price was perfect.

I lurked this forum for a month or so after I became interested in the R3. It’s a beautiful bike for its class and I think it would be a great logical step up from the Z (which I plan on also keeping... it’s just too fun). Always wanted a ”Sport Bike” and being a little on the smaller stature end of things makes me think The R3 would be close enough to perfect for me.

By joining this forum I hope to gain information about the R3 and solidify the purchase that j will inevitably be making in the coming days.

Thanks for having me!

Hey everyone,
I'm Naved from Assam , India.
Got a 2017 r3 with 12k kms on it a month back. Absolutely loving the bike . Coming from riding a Duke 200 , the refinement , the build quality , the linear power delivery , it's just insane . Been a month and I've already ridden 2k kms . Awesome machine .

Hi guys I'm Dr. Speed Lemon and new to the R3 community. I currently ride a cbr1000rr, however I will be working extensively on a 2017 R3. I'm sure I will be asking questions and hopefully answering a few questions as well. Forums like these have helped me out tremendously through out my ownership of various motorcycle. Until recently I have only been a user of information and haven't actually given anything back to the communities that have helped me out along the way, a lurker if you will. Because of the recent pandemic I have more time and I can't think of a better way to use that time other then giving back to the community. My way of giving back to the community is posting how to videos, here is my introduction video.

561 - 580 of 666 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.