Yamaha R3 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please post your introductions here

263K views 665 replies 465 participants last post by  04T35 
#1 ·
Welcome to R3-Forums, the Internet's first Yamaha YFZ-R3 Forum! Please post an intro and tell us a bit about yourself. Your riding history, why you love or hate the R3, and anything else you want us to know. Whether you're a beginner or an advanced rider, you are always welcome!

Your R3 Admins

#6 ·
Hey guys,

Of course, YR3 and Yamahaha is already veteran here so no need to say welcome to both of them lol. Welcome Slipstream to the forum!
Ride that I Owned: 0
I have rode on close rode a 2009 S1000RR (30 minutes), 2006 Gixxer (GSXR) 600 (20-30 min), and a 2008 Triumph Daytona 675 (20-30 minutes.) (Don't try it at home, have a veteran rider supervise on a closed no traffic zone only lol. For the folks who is wondering did I crash? NO I didn't.) They were trying to get me into riding so that where I started and I do not recommended since I was not mentally there during my end of high school - college years. (They didn't have a smaller bike either so they just ask me to respect the bike they currently had.) Go read my why should you not start on a 600cc and above lol...I stepped away from motorcycle after one of my cousin pass away on his 2006 gixxer 600. Just last year, I just all of sudden got back into motorcycle probably that seed in me grew lol. (Go buy and watch "Why we Ride") I got back in contact with some of my old friends who still ride, but mostly they have moved on to cruiser which I am cool with that too. Probably, won't buy my R3 until end of 2015 or January of 2016 due to my dad passing away recently and planning to buy a house for mom this year. (Not only that it lets Yamaha figure out all the recalls and the mass figure out all the small problems on a first year bike.) Alright, let's get to the R3 since it is the bike I want. Pros: Good price, it's a beautiful piece of work, and good spec. Cons: none right now, but I wish it was a triple still lol but really not a con. So far no comment since I don't own one to give a good review or thought to it.

Sorry for long intro.

U3

#7 ·
Hello,

My name is tony, i live in the san francisco bay area. i work, go to school and play when i have time.

Im pretty much a first time rider. I own a small 2012 yamaha Zuma 50F which I used as a daily. I put 8,000 miles on it my first year and nothing went wrong. Thats when i fell in love with the Yamaha brand. Now that the car is fixed, i can ride it for fun and enjoy scooting around town taking in the sunshine.

However 10,000 miles later i really wish i would of got that 125. I know they are dorky, i know the aren't cool, i know you don't get any street credit on a scooter. However i honestly enjoy riding around town on the little guy. There are so convenient and care free. Recently i've been seriously considering getting that 125 i always wanted.

Yet my brother has an R6, and he keeps trying to talk me into a small bike a 250cc or 300cc. So i've been window shopping Honda's 250 and Kawasaki's 300 but when my brother sent me a link to the announcement of this R3. There is a new serious contender in the group and i think an amazing substitute to my 125.

So here i am, hoping to pick up some info learn from advanced riders and familiarize my self with the R3 and maybe discover future mods. Like a dual head light mode which i've always thought looked better than one head light out.

Anyways enough for now. Im glad to be on board.

#9 ·
Thanks

Between the CBR and the Ninja im leaning towards the ninja 300... it has better specs and a more comfortable riding position.

However, im really looking forward towards the R3, i love yamaha as a brand, i think they make great products, the Specs are better than the Ninja and the price is competitive.

First chance i get im gonna head down to the dealership take a test ride hopefully and talk numbers.

#10 ·
Hello everyone. Been riding since 1998. I have owned a number of bikes, to include the R6 and the R1. Currently own a 2014 BMW HP4, which I am going to start racing. I placed a deposit on a R3 today. I will race this too. Let's make history boys!

Mike

#12 ·
my first bike was a Ninja 500 and I rode the **** out of it. I honestly had a ton of fun on it. Corner speed can still be awesome fast. It is very possible, to beat a guy on a 1000 with the R3, just takes skill. This is what makes the R3 so exciting. It will need a definite suspension upgrade, but overall, for anyone, it is about being smooth and this will be super sweet

#13 ·
For you it will need a suspension upgrade as you intend to track it but for normal, slightly less confident riders like me the more compliant suspension will make the bike more forgiving and more comfortable on the roads, especially on the bloody crap roads we have in the UK,

I don't think I would even look at the R3 if I had an HP4. There are many better bikes you can get for the track than an R3, except possibly on short, twisty tracks where ever a skilled scooter rider would not get to far behind a supersports. :)

#15 ·
Hello! I'm Jesse, new to this site, but not to riding. I live in San Diego now, I've been riding since 2002 or 2003, don't remember. Started on a dual sport KLX300R, then bought a Ninja 500, then a CBR954RR, then had to sell it, got back into riding with a GS500 to commute, then a CBR600 F2, then a CBR1000RR (2008) and started doing track days and racing, sold the CBR and bought an '07 R6, just recently upgraded to an '09 R6, and now planning an in depth build and blog converting the R3 to a race bike. Wow, didn't realize it had been so many bikes!! lol

The blog will not only contain my findings, but the best collection of R3 DIY mods, parts, tests, etc. that I can put together for everyone, I'm sure a lot of the info will come from everyone here. I'm just now putting the site together, it will be at www.YamahaR3racing.com

Anyone else planning for their bike to be a race bike first and foremost?

Glad to be here! Anyone else in Socal?
Jesse

#21 ·
Aloha from Zürich!

I used to ride a 600RR a few years ago, then took a break and I'm now looking for a new bike. I was looking at the KTM RC390 and checked it out at dealership. I like how it looks and it certainly would be fun to ride, but I think I'll probably go with a black R3 instead.
Looking forward for one to arrive at the local dealer to check it out! :)

#29 ·
Ya I was planning on doing the Ktm for awhile, but my good buddy works for Yamaha and a bunch of friends are partnered with them, so I couldn't do that to them :) plus I really want to build the bike and make some kickass parts for it, so R3 it is, plus it will look better next to my R6 :)

#25 ·
Not sure if that question was directed at me, but I'll answer anyway. :)
Right now, I'd say my answer is no, I don't think I'll get a bigger CC bike in the future. I remember how it was when I had my 600RR. It was loads of fun, no doubt about it. But I never even got close to using all the power it has. The only place to do that (at least for me) is on a track and I don't have the time (or money) for that.
A 300 CC bike will be more than enough for me. I was even thinking about getting a 125 because, honestly, 80% of the time even that will be enough for me. But just a tiny bit more oomph will be nice to have every now and then and so anything around 300 CC will be perfect.

#27 · (Edited)
New comer over here ... from Canada. Owned 10 bikes. Track days are well behind me. Same goes for big adventure bikes. I sold my WR250X last year for a FZ-07. Had a blast with the little bike. But was tiring on highways. Rented a CBR250R 2 years ago. Ok bike but is too underpowered. Tried the ninjas (250 and 300). I was expecting more power from the 300 compared to my WR250X.

I'll demo ride the R3 next spring. I love small displacement bikes. It's more fun to ride agressively a small displacement bike. With bigger bikes you can only use 3rd and 4th. I learned riding small 2 stroke off-road. So i'm used to shift often.

I swear to myself never own 2 bikes at the same time. Budget doesn't allow it anymore. Would i sell my FZ-07 for a R3? I don't think so. But i have an open mind. :laugh:

#28 ·
New comer over here ... from Canada. Owned 10 bikes. Track days are well behind me. Same goes for big adventure bike. I sold my WR250X last year for a FZ-07. Had a blast with the little bike. But was tiring on highways. Rented a CBR250R 2 years ago. Ok bike but is too underpowered. Tried the ninjas (250 and 300). I was expecting more power form the 300 compared to my WR250X.

I'll demo ride the R3 next spring. I love small displacement bikes. It's more fun to ride agressively a small displacement bike. With bigger bikes you can only use 3rd and 4th. I learned riding small 2 stroke off-road. So i'm used to shift often.

I swear to myself never own 2 bikes at the same time. Budget doesn't allow it anymore. Would i sell my FZ-07 for a R3? I don't think so. But i have an open mind. :laugh:
Welcome Lonerider1 :)

Break your promise to own 2 bikes or more at the same time. You know you want to ;) . Keep the FZ-07 and buy the R3 too :D

#32 ·
New Member from FL

Hey guys and gals, I'm a member of the TST Industries Team. We are a company that designs and manufactures modern sportbike products. We will have an R1 and R3 in our hands very soon. We will take them apart and hopefully with the help of you all we can make some awesome components to help give you an end result better than the factory one. Feel free to chime in and let us know what you'd like to see us come up with!

#33 ·
Hey guys and gals, I'm a member of the TST Industries Team. We are a company that designs and manufactures modern sportbike products. We will have an R1 and R3 in our hands very soon. We will take them apart and hopefully with the help of you all we can make some awesome components to help give you an end result better than the factory one. Feel free to chime in and let us know what you'd like to see us come up with!
Very cool to hear this. I can't wait to see what you guys do. Be sure to keep us updated and welcome to the forum!

#34 ·
Hi from India

Hi Fellow members,

I am glad to have joined this community which screams vroom vroom from every corner and from every enthusiast out here. :laugh:

I hope to share some healthy and valuable experience with you guys. Not to mention, I am ready with my pinch of salt to learn new things and bite new facts.

Well, I like Yammie and I had YZFR15.

Will see you up at the thread guys.:nerd:

Love
Pravu

#39 ·
Hi Fellow members,

I am glad to have joined this community which screams vroom vroom from every corner and from every enthusiast out here. :laugh:

I hope to share some healthy and valuable experience with you guys. Not to mention, I am ready with my pinch of salt to learn new things and bite new facts.

Well, I like Yammie and I had YZFR15.

Will see you up at the thread guys.:nerd:

Love
Pravu

welcome to the forum @pravu
i believe you're one of the first indian members we have on this forum, or at least one of the first that has made himself known around here ;)

#37 ·
Hello everyone :)

Canadian looking to getting into riding.... Been a Yamaha fanatic all my life and work for a Yamaha Dealer so its pretty obvious the brand Ill be choosing for my bike.

This R3 is long overdue in my opinion, the R6 is a great machine, but not exactly the most ideal for a beginner rider such as myself.

#40 ·
Hi from New Zealand

Hey everyone really excited to be getting right into learning all i can about bikes and just getting involved. I do not currently own a bike but i have wanted to for a long time but have always had other priorities so i am finally getting off my ass to get out riding.
Am looking into a few options but currently the r3 is on top and is arriving here in april 2015 for test rides so cant wait.
Looking forward to some new challenges have been heavily involved in the modified car scene and off road rc car racing so love anything to do with motors really.
Will be good to get to know some new people
Regards Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.