Yamaha R3 Forums banner

How would you rate your purchase of the R3?

• Nice bike, but not for me

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I prefer the competitions models (RC390, Ninja 300, CBR250/300)

• Why did I waste my money on this??

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought Id start a poll to see how all you R3 owners out there feel about your purchase.

I know myself Im as happy as can be with this great little bike.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Feel like makin'
Feel like makin' love
Feel like makin' love
Feel like makin' love
Feel like makin' love to you!!!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Having just sold my 09 ZX6R, I wasnt totally satisfied with my R3 at first. It was after a few weeks that I really started liking it.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Just been looking at the MT-03 in the local dealers Capn and i gotta say while it's a great little beast i won't be swapping it for my R3 that's a keeper.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Extremely happy with my red R3, I just wish it came with a bit of a bigger gas tank. Other than that, it's solid.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I only have 85 miles on mine, but im glad i chose the R3. None of the other bikes in the class felt right in the showroom. Having sat on bigger bikes, the only one that felt as good was the 848 streetfighter. As a beginner, the power it has it just right and i love the sound of the twin.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I went with satisfied. but still love this little bike.

Add like another 40 cc, and a little bigger gas tank this thing would be truly universal. Oh and better mirror options, or positions to set them. Love the bike, and plan to keep it, but will def add a R6 down the road so it has a friend :)

Very good bike, and Yamaha did a great job on this bike. Throttle is forgiving, yet still has a little hello when you dig in. in areas where lane splitting is illegal and stop and go is the way of the road it's so forgiving for that especially when you start to fatigue some.

·
Super Moderator
1,307 Posts
Add like another 40 cc, and
I initially thought I wanted something in the 350-450cc range (R3 high-rev style not Honda 500 early-torque style) but honestly, the R3 is dang quick around town, and I find myself speeding on the freeway already. I'd be very hesitant to ask for more motor than this, for this style of bike (small city machine that can do freeway). Any more whp, and it's going to lose the charm of being wrung out around town without seriously breaking speed limits at all times.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I like my Blue R3 just the way it is.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Blue 2016 R3 is first bike ever.fell in love with it at first sight in fact it was what made me go get my bike license and now just loving every moment of it,the riding and customising of the bike, Yamaha did a great job on it. no regrets at all

Sent from my HTC_0P9C2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
I went with satisfied. but still love this little bike.

Add like another 40 cc, and a little bigger gas tank this thing would be truly universal. Oh and better mirror options, or positions to set them. Love the bike, and plan to keep it, but will def add a R6 down the road so it has a friend :)

Very good bike, and Yamaha did a great job on this bike. Throttle is forgiving, yet still has a little hello when you dig in. in areas where lane splitting is illegal and stop and go is the way of the road it's so forgiving for that especially when you start to fatigue some.
Try installing an r6 throttle tube. It'll only run you $25, and it will make the throttle rotation 1/5 instead of 1/4, so you don't have to twist the wrist so much. Install is pretty easy. Obviously doesn't make the bike faster, but it gets you to the fun part of the throttle easier :D

I initially thought I wanted something in the 350-450cc range (R3 high-rev style not Honda 500 early-torque style) but honestly, the R3 is dang quick around town, and I find myself speeding on the freeway already. I'd be very hesitant to ask for more motor than this, for this style of bike (small city machine that can do freeway). Any more whp, and it's going to lose the charm of being wrung out around town without seriously breaking speed limits at all times.
You could tame a bigger engine by changing the gearing or sprocket set-up. I have to say the r3 is pretty quick though, especially once you get good at romping on it and keeping the rpm's in the fun range.

·
Registered
460 Posts
This R3 is my "something bigger". The other bikes I ride most often are a CBR250R with 31,000 miles and a Honda PCX150 with 19,000 miles. I'm selling my Ninja650 since I never ride it. Too big and heavy at 470 pounds. It would be a nice bike for someone that rides two up.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Try installing an r6 throttle tube. It'll only run you $25, and it will make the throttle rotation 1/5 instead of 1/4, so you don't have to twist the wrist so much. Install is pretty easy. Obviously doesn't make the bike faster, but it gets you to the fun part of the throttle easier :D
interesting idea. I actually like the R3, again for the in traffic bike it's pretty **** good. I like the roll off in the throttle because especially like right now, I'm on midnight shift so beat dead tired in the mornings. saves me from mating with the rear end of a car in all the stop and go traffic we have while I'm in zombie mode.

really wish florida would look harder into the lane splitting laws but people here are so stupid they would be doing it left and right while traffic is at freeway speeds.. then again they pull that already.. =/

def an interesting idea.! thank you.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts