Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I just thought I would introduce myself since I will be picking up my bike in the next month or so. I am purchasing all my safety equipment soon which added up to around 1k (this is head to toe gear). Shortly after that I will take my safety course and pick up my bike. This will be my very first motorcycle that I have owned and I couldn't be more excited. To give some background on myself I am 6ft, 145lbs, 25 years young and married. I grew up riding dirt bikes but haven't been on two wheels in a very long time. I will mainly use the bike as my commuter, but look forward to doing so group rides and meet ups. I want to pick up a Black R3 and do a custom paint scheme I have come up with, which I will post up soon once I have it completed in photoshop (its a black and white scheme which should look amazing). I have already come up with a list of basic mods to clean up the appearance. Mainly getting ride of that super ugly whale tale fender with a tidy tail, motodynamic integrated tail light, better front blinkers, and possibly a new exhaust system (after the break in period). It took me about 3 months of research and shopping around to pick the R3 as the bike I want. I also wanted to say thank you to everyone in this forum and the information you guys provide. It definitely helped when making my decision on which bike to purchase.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Welcome from England,enjoy your new bike when you get it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Welcome. Your dirt bike experience will help you. Good on ya for taking the safety training right away. :cool:

·
Registered
120 Posts
I lived in Portland for a year, while doing some training up at OHSU. It's an awesome city with terrific people, and the really good beer doesn't hurt!

Just be careful riding on all those wet streets and crazy hills over the winter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts