Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok just like what the title says what could be the possible damages to the engine when some retarded a-hole decided to put sand in the engine thru the oil filler cap, just for kick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope haven't yet just saw the filler cap on the ground and I got suspicious that someone might have tampered with the bike so I checked and walla I now have a little aquarium (can see the sand in the site glass) in the engine. What should I do aside from hunting the A-hole.

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
Cheapest approach, get the bike up on a stand, pull the filter and plug and flush a sh!tload of kerosene through it... try to flush it all out.

Most expensive approach, bring it to the dealer, have them tear it down and clean everything up.

You may be able to hit your insurance and only pay the deductible. It would help if you called the cops, had them out out to the scene and make a report for you.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
By flushing it with kerosene do I just pour it and let it run out on the filter and drain hole? Will it remove all the sand or do I need to drown the engine then take the filter and drain plug to wash all the sand? How about a motor flush but it needs to run the engine and thats what im afraid of since the sand is still inside.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd probably buy a tamper proof filler cap from now on.

·
Registered
810 Posts
A different filler cap is one of the FIRST things I changed on my bike. Unless you happen to be carrying around a very large socket in the correct size you aren't getting in.

I did it specifically for the reason above. We have been having some issues in the midwest CCS area where someone, or a group of people have been tampering with racers bikes.

I actually had someone loosen one of my front banjo bolts on my brakes one night. I know it wasn't vibration related because I had just bled the brakes the night before and the bike had not been run since. Went to tech and the person pushed the front brake lever and fluid just poured out of the front banjo bolt.

Others had their suspensions messed with.

Since then I have taken precautions to prevent any tampering from happening.

·
Registered
304 Posts
A different filler cap is one of the FIRST things I changed on my bike. Unless you happen to be carrying around a very large socket in the correct size you aren't getting in.

I did it specifically for the reason above. We have been having some issues in the midwest CCS area where someone, or a group of people have been tampering with racers bikes.

I actually had someone loosen one of my front banjo bolts on my brakes one night. I know it wasn't vibration related because I had just bled the brakes the night before and the bike had not been run since. Went to tech and the person pushed the front brake lever and fluid just poured out of the front banjo bolt.

That is some seriously messed up ****! Like in "Mad Max" sabotaging Goose's bike, messed up ****.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Well, that's a **** fest.

I'm with capital. I'd drop the pan and try to clean as much as possible. If it hasn't been run I doubt there's anything outside of the immediate area.

·
Registered
330 Posts
+1 on drop the pan.

If you don't want to get that indepth, maybe drain the oil. Fill it with something cheap, viscosity matters not. Crank the bike just for a second to rotate the oil a bit. Let it all seep down then drain it again and fill with the correct oil. I'd do another oil change pretty quickly thereafter as well.

Obviously that wouldn't clean it as well, but some people don't have the basic mechanical prowess so maybe it works for you.

·
Registered
732 Posts

All of this stuff is a bummer. Besides the crap on the news, I seriously have no hope for humanity. People now are such self-centered, voyeuristic, cruel, careless, oblivious, vindictive, base, resentful, devious, malevolent, and selfish assholes nowadays. People have no coping skills, and its always some excuse. Momma didn't hug me enough, I was high, blah, blah, blah. I did enough partying in my day, and I never had a desire to destroy or harm-I just wanted to smile and hang. It really is ridicuculous. I read about boyfriends killing their girlfriends because they broke up with them, or gang members shooting someone because of a perceived slight. Like WTF is wrong with you **** heads!?!?!

The oil plug being so vulnerable kind of pisses me off. It should be behind the fairring. That is why I got a Sato racing oil plug and titanium locking bracket so I could safety wire it down. @Capitalview someone messing with your brakes is a new low-that isn't just messing with the bike, but someone's life. Hate to sound like an old guy, but glad I was born in GenX. I seriously never heard the **** I hear these fucking millennials doing nowadays. Fucking pussies don't like to "be dissed" and need gangs to feel big, and need guns to fight. The way its oversimplified and distilled in the media is ridiculous too. It is always someone else's fault. Some asshat kicked my bike over last month and luckily it just bent my footpeg, but still scratched up all my sliders and bar ends. During nice weather, like most people in Brooklyn, I leave mine out on the street, but considering of taking the financial hit and paying the exorbitant garage costs. Anyway, I digress...

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
We are living in the END TIMES of the Beast System. Whether you believe the Bible or not... it's happening all around you.
I never leave my bikes where I cannot see them. They are either locked up in the garage, or I am standing next to it.
If I am going into town for something, I take a beat-up old car, or a beat-up old truck.
Nobody pays any attention to a beat-up old car.
If I was a millionaire, I would do the same thing. You can't make yourself a target in today's world.
Keep a low profile. Demons are everywhere.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts