Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes it's true, my wife is giving me pressure about getting rid of the bike. I purchased the bike one day when I stopped by just to check it out.

I have the Blue r3 with about 125 miles on it.

Please pm with offers.

*test rides only with cash in my hand*

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am located in Irvine, Ca

Yeah it does. I do have a 3rd child on the way and I guess she's right.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Its only $120 a month the amount of money you would save on gas and if you switch the R3 to your primary commuitting means on your insurance thats like less then $20 a month to ride vs a car. $30-$40 a week for gas on a car vs $7-14 per week for the R3 show her the math and Im sure she will let you keep the bike.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Financial talk about the bike savings doesn't matter in this case. The wife is worried about unnecessary risk that is avoidable if steelm3 gives up the thought and practice of motorcycling. She doesn't want to lose a husband and father to her little ones. I last rode over 10 years ago and stopped when we had kids. Now that they are a little older, I'm looking to re-enter motorcycling but my wife is hesitant to accept as well. She always brings up the story of a local motorcyclist and father of 3 girls who was struck and killed by an old lady who wasn't paying attention, ran a light and smashed right into him. It affected me last year so I did not buy a bike, but this year I mentally realize that I cannot live in constant fear over such things. I love motorcycling and will do my absolute best to ride defensively, obey the law and wear the proper protective gear. A life insurance policy is also a smart thing until the kids are all grown up (and that goes for whether or not you continue biking) There are all sorts of stories of people dying of one thing or another. Instead of worrying about these things we should be living.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Financial talk about the bike savings doesn't matter in this case. The wife is worried about unnecessary risk that is avoidable if steelm3 gives up the thought and practice of motorcycling. She doesn't want to lose a husband and father to her little ones. I last rode over 10 years ago and stopped when we had kids. Now that they are a little older, I'm looking to re-enter motorcycling but my wife is hesitant to accept as well. She always brings up the story of a local motorcyclist and father of 3 girls who was struck and killed by an old lady who wasn't paying attention, ran a light and smashed right into him. It affected me last year so I did not buy a bike, but this year I mentally realize that I cannot live in constant fear over such things. I love motorcycling and will do my absolute best to ride defensively, obey the law and wear the proper protective gear. A life insurance policy is also a smart thing until the kids are all grown up (and that goes for whether or not you continue biking) There are all sorts of stories of people dying of one thing or another. Instead of worrying about these things we should be living.
I was in the exact same position... Had kids, 10 year hiatus, huge pressure from wife to not get back into it. But I want to give it a try. I feel I'm a much more responsible and mature person now after raising a family. Bought a red R3 2 weeks ago. Paid cash for it. If for some reason I lose the nerve to ride, I will sell it. But for now I'm loving it. I just ride man... I don't push limits like I used to.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for clearing that up. I am an impulsive buyer and it's one of my bad traits. I bought and sold 2 new cars the pay year. Lost a ton of money. Anyways, my point is that we never really had a talk about it and when we did, the bike had to go.

·
Registered
132 Posts
DId you end up getting the bike at Del Amo?
Yes sir! I love how nice the roads in Irvine are

So what are you looking to get for the R3? I have a couple friends that are planning to pick up a bike up soon, maybe I can refer them to you.

Why isn't there a classifieds or marketplace section on this forum yet?

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Yes sir! I love how nice the roads in Irvine are

So what are you looking to get for the R3? I have a couple friends that are planning to pick up a bike up soon, maybe I can refer them to you.

Why isn't there a classifieds or marketplace section on this forum yet?
There is a Classifieds section. It's under TOOLS in the top menu

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes it's true, my wife is giving me pressure about getting rid of the bike. I purchased the bike one day when I stopped by just to check it out.

I have the Blue r3 with about 125 miles on it.

Please pm with offers.

*test rides only with cash in my hand*
I may be interested. I'm in Riverside Ca. Do you have the title yet? How much? I own 15 bikes. My email is [email protected] You could reallypiss your wife off and trade for my 2006 Harley Roadking. Email me.

Steve

·
Registered
57 Posts
I don't think any of my Bikes became "Beloved" at least until 1000 miles :D

Anyway, Hope it works out for you Bro, May your New Baby Be Healthy & Perfect 0:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Title in hand.

Selling bike for more diapers lol jk but I do have a ton. Wife just bought a few boxes you see on the left and the whole top shelf on the right is packed of diapers.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm sure you put it up on craigslist too. Search cycle trader for 2015 r3 within 50 miles of your location and set your price just below the lowest price that comes up. In my area, the lowest price is $4599 brand new.

Out of curiosity, how long did it take for your title to come in the mail? I'm still waiting for mine.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts