Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had the 600 mile service done and new Pirelli Diablo Rosso II tires mounted. Took it for a ride after leaving the dealership. The Pirelli Diablo Rosso II tires make the motorcycle feel more grounded and roll somewhat smoother. Worked my way up the gears and topped out at about 8500 RPM (80 MPH) the bike ran smooth and had very nice power pull at 80 MPH. I feel it has a very nice cruising feel at 7500 RPM (70 MPH). I am 5' 11" and weigh 225 lbs. The bike had no problem pulling me along at 70 MPH - 80 MPH. When I hit the 1000 mile mark I will report back on my findings on the speed and feel of the bike.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Have you pushed it to top speed yet? I've only gone once above 101mph but that was with the stock Michelins. Early next month I'm putting on a pair of Bridgestone S20's. I'm only 5' 10" but weigh about 190lbs.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Maybe it was my butt dyno, but after my 600 mile oil change.. everything felt better. 3rd gear pulled like pretty nice, and shifting from 1st to 2nd was easier than before. Also have pushed it here lol, 107MPH top - 5'7 @ 165 pounds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts