Yamaha R3 Forums banner

Potential Owner

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  BluebirdR3 
#1 ·
Looking for a lightweight bike for the fleet and think its going to be the R3. If it happens this year, It will be the first Yamaha I have ever owned. I was waiting out for the Honda CBR350RR, but don't think that is going to happen in the next 2 years; and it might only come over as a 250!

So, I like all the comparisons out there, the R3 seems to come out on or 2nd, so I'm going to the showroom and see where things fall out this year...

jerry

#4 ·
I was waiting for the cbr250rr as well. Was it supposed to be a 350 stateside? I had an R3 in the states and now stationed back in Japan. I didn't want to wait for the CBR so I bought an R25. I don't see too much difference in speed between the R3 and 25. The R3 has more grunt obviously due to more displacement. I wantd to try the 250 version because it was slightly cheaper, insurance is handled different for all sub250 cc bikes in Japan, and all my R3 parts are reusable. You won't regret the R3. I went from a ZX6R to the R3 and ended up liking it more then the 600.

#6 ·
Never even saw a MT-03 or rode one. Saw a foto on the net and glanced at the specs. Bank transferred the money to my buddy in Guadalajara. He bought it and picked it up and then I went up there and rode it home. Forty-five years and about 20+ bikes over that time, this one is a keeper. Pure fun to ride every day.

MCN has been reporting for years in their annual survey that the manufacturer with the fewest warranty claims is Yamaha. The motorcycle manufacturer with the most warranty issues is BMW. However, BMW riders win first place for Most Satisfied Owners. Maybe that is cognitive dissonance, I don't know. Happy as a clam with my Yammie.

#7 ·
I love my R3! Would I consider going 'up' in size at some point? Maybe - but only if the bike in question had the same look and feel as the R3 along with all the same tech (ie gear indicator, fuel gauge etc). Yes, I'm spoiled and now I won't settle for less! I was going to consider the new R6 but after sitting on one, it's even higher than my R3 (problem for my stubby legs!) and without a fuel gauge that's a bit of a deal breaker.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.