Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2015 r3. It came with a street slayer, just put in the block off plate, and put a k&n high flow in it. Now I'm looking to buy a feul controller system for it but I'm not sure if I'm wanting to shell out the almost 400$ on a power Commander when dynojet makes a plug and play system similar to it called the fc.

https://www.dynojet.com/power-commander-fc-for-yamaha-yzf-r3/?gclid=CjwKCAiA-P7xBRAvEiwAow-VaRmnGf2BaEAayCjYDTGO2-X6KNBz8NtnSZKG0hlbrULHjyP_rdD8nhoCd64QAvD_BwE

From the descriptions they both seem to do the same things just the FC doesn't seem as in depth customizable. Which in that regard I don't care, because I don't intend to change that set up and I don't plan to race it. It's mainly for commuting and weekend fun rides but I just want to do what's healthiest for my engine and what will make it run the most efficiently without breaking the bank because I still have to buy a speedo healer and a new sprocket and chain set.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
I’d take a power commander over the fuel commander since you can do more. I also bought my power commander from spears because they included a pretty good map tuned for my set up (Spark exhaust and MWR filter). I think the recommended Norton flash might be mapped for an M4?

I didn’t bother with a speedo healer. Who really cares when you are going at/slightly above traffic speed? Speed for me on the speedo mostly doesn’t matter on the track anyways. I als have the FTECU and they both have their pros and cons. If the flash tunes bank had a spark exhaust flash, I would have never have bought the PCV.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I would recommend an ECU flash from "2-wheeledynoworks". They are slightly more money than the FC, and cheaper than the PCV. I just had mine done on my FZ-07. They have an unbelievable turnaround time. I got mine flashed, and back to me in six days, door-to-door.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts