Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

It's been awhile since I have posted on here and because of all this quarantin-ing going around the country (and worldwide) I thought there was no better way to joy ourselves than a sweet ride on the R3.

I don't recommend doing this in the wild, but I decided to try power wheeling on the 300cc sport bike. To my shock, and a little bit of encouragement at 7k rpm, the front end rise with zero hesitation and kept rising until I cut the throttle. Really took me by surprise (and the bike hit me in the chest) because of all of the ill-informed folks saying this bike absolutely cannot power wheelie. This bike can wheelie!!

It was the best feeling in the world.
Anyone riding out here in NY? Nearly everything is closing.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Is that in 1st gear? with or without pre-loading/bouncing the forks? how far back were you seated? Same here in Southern California, very light traffic anywhere which is good for riding. Also, not sure if splitting lanes and being next to car windows is against the social distancing rules.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is that in 1st gear? with or without pre-loading/bouncing the forks? how far back were you seated? Same here in Southern California, very light traffic anywhere which is good for riding. Also, not sure if splitting lanes and being next to car windows is against the social distancing rules.
Yes that's in first, and yeah preload by cutting throttle then pedal-to-the-metal. I scoot a little back, and just encourage the bike with a little "jerk".
Haha, it certainly is. Now if only lane-splitting was legal in NY...
Certainly beats wearing the clutch down!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts