Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I've been looking into some caps to get a little better feel out of the stock forks. I'm looking at the Spears Racing ones found here

I've read to to get proper track suspension everyone recommends the cartridges but, dopes anyone have any feedback on the caps? I've seen some threads on a few different caps but no one really gets specific.

Thanks.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hi everyone,

I've been looking into some caps to get a little better feel out of the stock forks. I'm looking at the Spears Racing ones found here

I've read to to get proper track suspension everyone recommends the cartridges but, dopes anyone have any feedback on the caps? I've seen some threads on a few different caps but no one really gets specific.

Thanks.
http://www.r3-forums.com/forum/562-suspension/25681-installed-fork-adjusters-today.html

Check out that thread, has alot of information on it. Generally if you think the front end is too squishy for your typical riding then it would be beneficial to get these especially for performance riding. If your okay with how the stock shocks react, and dont want them to be stiffer and harder to press down then leave them alone. I would only get them if their adjustable.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read that thread but thanks for the info. I can't find any actual feedback. Someone that has tested and has results.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I tried those out on my Bandit 400, they sucked.

I swapped them out for emulators and proper springs and it was a world of difference.

The fork cap adjuster (while looking cool) just make your ride harder, and less forgiving when when cornering.

You want your front end to track over bumps mid corner, this stiffens the front end and make it lurch and bounce over bumps...which could cause a front end low side.

Spend the money on the things that keep you planted. Tires, Brakes, and suspension.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried those out on my Bandit 400, they sucked.

I swapped them out for emulators and proper springs and it was a world of difference.

The fork cap adjuster (while looking cool) just make your ride harder, and less forgiving when when cornering.

You want your front end to track over bumps mid corner, this stiffens the front end and make it lurch and bounce over bumps...which could cause a front end low side.

Spend the money on the things that keep you planted. Tires, Brakes, and suspension.
I don't really like how they look. The front is super soft. I'm looking for a little adjustment. I can live with a little stiffer, just don't want the front end deflecting.

·
Registered
230 Posts
think of the caps simply as a convenient way to arrive at desired sag values - as opposed to opening up the fork, adding washers or cutting different lengths of PVC till it finally gets into the zone.

It will not fundamentally change fork behavior except around the edges. If you don't have the right spring for your weight, playing with preload won't amount to much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts