Yamaha R3 Forums banner

661 - 680 of 698 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just Crossed 2500 on my R3 and I’m adding now fender eliminator kit. I agree, those are great extras and good deal, but when you buy used motorcycle you never know how it was treated during break in period.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I bought a 2016 R3 with fender eliminator, frame sliders, tail pack, Yosh slip on, spools, race stand, and 866 miles for $4000. The owner was extremely happy to be dealing with an adult instead of more modern people.

·
Super Moderator
959 Posts
I bought a 2016 R3 with fender eliminator, frame sliders, tail pack, Yosh slip on, spools, race stand, and 866 miles for $4000. The owner was extremely happy to be dealing with an adult instead of more modern people.
Tom, If "adult" means someone who can decide to buy and actually have the means to pay for that purchase, then by all means. I, too, prefer to deal with an "Adult". ;) And that sounds like you got a lot of goodies, along with a practically new bike, for the price you paid. Well done.

·
Super Moderator
959 Posts
Same here on price and color. Strange that the white one has the abs and not the blue. The manufacturing hierarchy have some reasoning I suppose.
I posted a link titled "CycleNews 2019 R3 Review" about 3 or 4 days ago. And it says exactly that, NO BLUE in ABS. Anyway, it's a pretty informative article. You may want to check it out. ;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Tom, If "adult" means someone who can decide to buy and actually have the means to pay for that purchase, then by all means. I, too, prefer to deal with an "Adult". ;) And that sounds like you got a lot of goodies, along with a practically new bike, for the price you paid. Well done.
The owner was really frustrated by younger potential buyers who didn't know how to complete a purchase or see the value in what he was offering at a fair price. I had my eye on this one for months on craigslist while I completed a restoration on a 1976 XL250, as soon as it sold, I pushed the button on the R3.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I posted a link titled "CycleNews 2019 R3 Review" about 3 or 4 days ago. And it says exactly that, NO BLUE in ABS. Anyway, it's a pretty informative article. You may want to check it out. ;)

Good read, thanks. Probably one of best articles I've read. Many earlier reviews didn't mention about the bar being installed below the top triple clamp and angled further towards the wheel and of the feel of it being more track focused. Course they were just preliminary articles to start with I'd think. Wish they wouldn't keep mentioning the bike as a starter for the jump to the R6 but understand its the business angle for Yamaha. I could have gone for one but a little too aggressive for my old bones and the R3 is all I want really.:clap

·
Super Moderator
959 Posts
Good read, thanks. Probably one of best articles I've read. Many earlier reviews didn't mention about the bar being installed below the top triple clamp and angled further towards the wheel and of the feel of it being more track focused. Course they were just preliminary articles to start with I'd think. Wish they wouldn't keep mentioning the bike as a starter for the jump to the R6 but understand its the business angle for Yamaha. I could have gone for one but a little too aggressive for my old bones and the R3 is all I want really.:clap
Same here for old bones. Based on this article, it sounds like the R3 is one of Yamaha's best selling bikes. I'm pretty sure it's not one of their most profitable models, especially since the MSRP $$ is the same as when introduced in 2015. Good for us. :) The motorcycle industry has to assume lots of younger riders are looking forward to making that next step upward to the R6 or R1 range of power, and price. That's what I did when I was younger, full of myself, and still bulletproof. Now-a-days, I know better than to pee into the wind. So, when I can still throw a leg across the seat, without throwing out my back, I just enjoy the ride as it comes. Sad, but better than growing into the sofa watching mindless reality programs.

·
Super Moderator
959 Posts
$5800 OTD Black non-abs in San Diego; anyone else got a better deal?
If the bike is new, '18 or '19, either one, This sounds like a fair price to me. The 2019 has the same MSRP $$ as when it was introduced in 2015. IMO, there's just not that much markup $$ on the R3, or any other bike in this class, for much of a discount from the dealer. Just my opinion. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
The new one is cool but there's no chance you get a good deal on it. Personally, I would advise trying to get a 2017 r3. If you're near minnesota I know a dealer who is selling them for 3k + 300 for ABS. Otd 3650 or 4000 depending on ABS. really good deal and it doesnt have all the features of the new r3 but u mean for 2k minimum less its worth it. Plus 2k extra is a full exhaust, new clip ons, tires, and youll still have cash left for gear.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I saw a new 2018 ABS R3 for $3800 OTD, so I bought it. It had only 1 mile on it.

In AR, you don't pay sales tax on motorcycles less than $4K.

I'm not excited about the yellow wheels, but for that price I can overlook them!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
959 Posts
That's a great price! And I love the yellow wheels. Really a sharp looking bike.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Cash talks..

$4588 out the door with all fees, tax, prep, etc. brand new 2019.
Went to 3 different dealers and said what’s your best out the door price. ( have cash in hand, not a credit card. Makes a huge difference in your ability to get the price way down !!)
Fairbanks, ak.
But, then I went and bought a $1000 pipe, and a $800 ecu....so

661 - 680 of 698 Posts