Yamaha R3 Forums banner

681 - 698 of 698 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I found a dealer near me that's selling a 2019 R3 (no ABS) for $4,588 (including the 250 dollar R3 rebate and 2.99% 36 months). Tax is paid separately.
Is this a good price or should i keep searching?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I found a dealer near me that's selling a 2019 R3 (no ABS) for $4,588 (including the freight, setup, 250 dollar R3 rebate, and 2.99% 36 months). Tax is not included which is concerning.
Is this a good price or should i keep searching?

·
Registered
329 Posts
I think this thread would be more beneficial if at a minimum if location such as state could be included as it gives others a better idea on what prices are like. Technically prices shouldn't be too far off as the bike itself is pretty cheap as is but taxes and other factors might impact the price. Thanks

·
Registered
108 Posts
I bought my 2018 R3 brand new in New Zealand last year for $4328 USD, or $6900 NZD including on road costs.

This was for the (apparently) less popular white/black colour. The black versions were still $7900 NZD at the time, which I don't like as much as the white ones.

·
Registered
57 Posts
5k otd 2019 abs

Paid $5,000 even, out the door for a 2019 ABS R3 about 3 weeks ago in Texas.
I paid with my new CC that has 15 months interest free on it, and got a $250 statement credit after spending $1,000. So the extra $250 basically came off the bike for me as well (bonus for me).

It was a new 2019 R3 ABS, still in the crate (0 miles before test ride). Salesman sent me a lot of pics of it through out the uncrating/setup process of the bike.
Basically bought it over emails, texts and phone calls.
5K included everything, TT&L, all their extra fees. They waived their 3% CC fee (150 bucks).

I did buy a helmet and gloves at the dealership mainly because I wanted new gear and to have it right away (an extra $227 after taxes). Made sure I bought a helmet that was on clearance.

The guy tried slipping in another 26 bucks at the end because I bought the helmet and gloves with the bike, he called it a package fee...
I told him I'll pass on the helmet and gloves and paid him the 5K, then went into the store and bought the helmet and gloves separate without the package fee. They will try to get more out of you anyway they can.

I emailed 4 dealers and told them I was a serious buyer that had researched R3's for 6 months and was ready to buy and would buy one that Saturday, a sure sell for one of them. Told them which dealership I bought from depended on them. The 2 lowest were within 60 bucks of each other. That 60 bucks paid for my gloves.

Could I have done better? Probably so, but I was long ready for a bike (test rides wasn't enough anymore) . The 5K OTD is what I told them I was willing to pay. The largest dealership accepted it and won my business (no surprise).

They still made money, and far more than they try to lead you to believe.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i know that this is about price paid for new but there is something about buying used...

i bought a 2015 r3 with 8,800 miles from a friend for $2000 february of last year...

now i hardly ride my 07 cbr600rr which i rode for almost 80k miles...

the cbr is a lot faster and handles a lot better but the r3 is a lot more fun...now that is a lot of reasons for riding the r3....:D

·
Registered
65 Posts
2020 R3 ABS : $6100+tx (CAD)
Dealer pushed hard for the Ninja 400 as they were liquidating 2019s for like $4500 CAD but I just couldn't do it. Heart was set the sec I tried her out.

·
Registered
259 Posts
2020 R3 ABS : $6100+tx (CAD)
Dealer pushed hard for the Ninja 400 as they were liquidating 2019s for like $4500 CAD but I just couldn't do it. Heart was set the sec I tried her out.
I'm in the USA.... Not sure what the current exchange rate is, but I think you did very well!! I feel the build quality is MUCH better on the R3. I have several friends that race the featherweight class, and changed over to the Ninja 400 this year. They are happy with the extra HP (running in the same class), but they spend more in parts to keep it going-

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm in the USA.... Not sure what the current exchange rate is, but I think you did very well!! I feel the build quality is MUCH better on the R3. I have several friends that race the featherweight class, and changed over to the Ninja 400 this year. They are happy with the extra HP (running in the same class), but they spend more in parts to keep it going-
Rate is about 35%! So like 5.26k+tx USD. It was basically sticker price since they are the only Yamaha dealer on the island with the matte black in Stock ready for delivery. Oh and a very low 2nd hand inventory so I couldn't find one there. Finally after some hard talk, sales guy threw in some goodies and permanent discount on parts. That's how I was able to get pazzo levers for only 140 USD delivered with custom engraving.
I have to admit that I'm not experienced enough to say that I felt a built difference between the two rival bikes, but that light*feeling with torque on the R3 sealed the deal. The ninja just felt *bulky sorry for the lack of a better word! Price quality ratio for the R3 ❤.

·
Registered
196 Posts
In Singapore, all vehicles need to have a certificate of entitlement which allows you to pilot a vehicle on the road for 10 years. I paid around 12000 SGD (8660 USD) for the bike and around 6000 SGD (4330 USD) for the certificate of entitlement. This is not inclusive of the annual road tax and insurance (which is compulsory). Owning a vehicle here is expensive. It's the reason you rarely see new liter bikes on the road here.

·
Registered
65 Posts
In Singapore, all vehicles need to have a certificate of entitlement which allows you to pilot a vehicle on the road for 10 years. I paid around 12000 SGD (8660 USD) for the bike and around 6000 SGD (4330 USD) for the certificate of entitlement. This is not inclusive of the annual road tax and insurance (which is compulsory). Owning a vehicle here is expensive. It's the reason you rarely see new liter bikes on the road here.
I can relate to that cost of ownership! but will take this thread off topic if I start venting lol, maybe we can start one called cost of ownership between various countries/cities. This could help potential digital nomads (and others of course!) decide where to be with their laptop and R3! lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
I paid $6750 CAD OTD for a 2019 ABS in blue near Toronto, Canada. Fun fact 2019-2020 R3s are only available with ABS in Canada! I asked the dealer, 2020 models start at $6300 + fees and taxes, so I saved about a grand versus buying a new 2020. Yamaha is offering a $500 rebate on 2019 R3s here.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I paid $6750 CAD OTD for a 2019 ABS in blue near Toronto, Canada. Fun fact 2019-2020 R3s are only available with ABS in Canada! I asked the dealer, 2020 models start at $6300 + fees and taxes, so I saved about a grand versus buying a new 2020.
Nice!! is that 6750$ + tax ? not sure what OTD means :)
EDIT : nvm, just re-read your post lol... talk about selective reading.

·
Registered
1 Posts
5k otd 2019 abs

Paid $5,000 even, out the door for a 2019 ABS R3 about 3 weeks ago in Texas.
I paid with my new CC that has 15 months interest free on it, and got a $250 statement credit after spending $1,000. So the extra $250 basically came off the bike for me as well (bonus for me).

It was a new 2019 R3 ABS, still in the crate (0 miles before test ride). Salesman sent me a lot of pics of it through out the uncrating/setup process of the bike.
Basically bought it over emails, texts and phone calls.
5K included everything, TT&L, all their extra fees. They waived their 3% CC fee (150 bucks).

I did buy a helmet and gloves at the dealership mainly because I wanted new gear and to have it right away (an extra $227 after taxes). Made sure I bought a helmet that was on clearance.

The guy tried slipping in another 26 bucks at the end because I bought the helmet and gloves with the bike, he called it a package fee...
I told him I'll pass on the helmet and gloves and paid him the 5K, then went into the store and bought the helmet and gloves separate without the package fee. They will try to get more out of you anyway they can.

I emailed 4 dealers and told them I was a serious buyer that had researched R3's for 6 months and was ready to buy and would buy one that Saturday, a sure sell for one of them. Told them which dealership I bought from depended on them. The 2 lowest were within 60 bucks of each other. That 60 bucks paid for my gloves.

Could I have done better? Probably so, but I was long ready for a bike (test rides wasn't enough anymore) . The 5K OTD is what I told them I was willing to pay. The largest dealership accepted it and won my business (no surprise).

They still made money, and far more than they try to lead you to believe.
If you dont mind me asking, what dealership in texas? Im in DFW and im trying to find one close to that price

·
Registered
2 Posts
I put a hold on a new 2020 Black R3 with ABS with the intent to buy it by the end of the week. I had a really hard time finding this color around where I am located in the Bay Area of California. Almost every dealer was sold out and not restocking on R3's until 2021.

The dealer originally offered me 7.2k OTD, but I talked him down to 6.5k OTD with a price match from another dealer. Original MSRP is 5.3k. OTD is almost 20% more, am I getting screwed here? Bike is brand new and I am having a hard time waiting any longer, I want to ride!

Please advise...

·
Registered
204 Posts
I put a hold on a new 2020 Black R3 with ABS with the intent to buy it by the end of the week. I had a really hard time finding this color around where I am located in the Bay Area of California. Almost every dealer was sold out and not restocking on R3's until 2021.

The dealer originally offered me 7.2k OTD, but I talked him down to 6.5k OTD with a price match from another dealer. Original MSRP is 5.3k. OTD is almost 20% more, am I getting screwed here? Bike is brand new and I am having a hard time waiting any longer, I want to ride!

Please advise...
Supply is low while demand is high during these covid times.

I suggest you buy a used one instead.

681 - 698 of 698 Posts