Yamaha R3 Forums banner

701 - 709 of 709 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,178 Posts
That's crazy high. We can only hope Dealers like this one go out of business when the market stabilizes. This is not "supply and demand" BS.. it's wishful price gouging. I'd be really tempted to report this dealer to Yamaha US. I can't imagine they'd be very happy about the practice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's crazy high. We can only hope Dealers like this one go out of business when the market stabilizes. This is not "supply and demand" BS.. it's wishful price gouging. I'd be really tempted to report this dealer to Yamaha US. I can't imagine they'd be very happy about the practice.
I know right? I wouldn't have complained if they even said 6k, which is still too high.
If anyone knows any dealer willing to do 5k otd, please let me know :)

I recently pre-ordered a RS 660 and two dealers near me didn't jack up the price like that. And RS 660 is supposedly the most popular bike of the year.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Several emails between 2 other dealers.
Looks like they all want premium on the R3s.
One asked for 6.9k and another for 6.8k.
I wanted to settle for 5.5k but that's out I guess.
I even offered 6k OTD cash today and both said they'll pass.
Well..... I guess it's time to hunt for another bike... Jesus Christ.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Just wanted to bump this post because Freedompowersports Lewisville, Texas gave me a ridiculous OTD price... $7,312.021.
I already own a 2015 R3, but wanted another to make a track bike and that's what they quoted me.... wow... I know it's the season and all but wow!
Covid premium is everywhere. After market prices are up too. Someone offer me over what I paid for mine at a gas station.

·
Registered
2020 R3, 2020 Husq Vit 401
128 Posts
I bought my 2020 ABS for $6075 OTD including 8.7% tax in Feb. There was $300 off from Yamaha and that helped.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just wanted to bump this post because Freedompowersports Lewisville, Texas gave me a ridiculous OTD price... $7,312.021.
I already own a 2015 R3, but wanted another to make a track bike and that's what they quoted me.... wow... I know it's the season and all but wow!
New member here… I can confirm I got about the same answer from Freedom Powersports in Hurst, TX on Sat., 5/29/21. Walked in, tried on some Shoei helmets and then asked the “financing mgr.” as he said he was, if I could sit on some R3s they had. I asked him what the out the door price was and he said $7k. I said MSRP is $5300 and he said, “yeah but there’s tax, dealer and setup fees, etc.” Needless to say I didn’t buy anything that day.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I've done a price comparison here and they're selling for $7800 NZD ($5681 USD) out the door which does not change from store to store. Is there truly a supply and demand issue in the US, or are they using the COVID excuse to hike prices?

Even the price I mentioned above seems crazy to me considering I paid $6900 NZD ($5025 USD) for my 2018 when it was new.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've done a price comparison here and they're selling for $7800 NZD ($5681 USD) out the door which does not change from store to store. Is there truly a supply and demand issue in the US, or are they using the COVID excuse to hike prices?

Even the price I mentioned above seems crazy to me considering I paid $6900 NZD ($5025 USD) for my 2018 when it was new.
I doubt it’s a supply issue. They had 5 or 6 new R3s on the showroom floor, 3 blue, 1 teal and 1 monster edition, might have had a black one there too. Seems more like a greed issue to me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Another update… I called Lonestar Yamaha in Irving,TX today about a used R3 and the sales manager told me he’s not selling anything new under MSRP and that all of his used bike pricing is firm with whatever is on his website.

If anyone knows of a decent dealer in DFW, let me know!

701 - 709 of 709 Posts