Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, guys, I work for OWV Productions and Netflix; we are filming in San Diego a political drama and a scene requires the hero to ride a black Yamaha R3 into the shot, and promptly get off the motorcycle. We would like to rent a black Yamaha R3 for the going rate of $200 a day, for the date of July, Friday 29th (07/29), with the rate increasing by $25, every hour we go over 12 hours of use. The Production team understands renting a vehicle may inconvenience our renters, therefore, we offer free shuttling to anywhere our renter may need traveling to, or they can remain on set and watch their vehicle be used and filmed.
Thanks for your time, on behalf of the OWV Production team,
Jorge Arana.
(619) 361-6102
jarana1203 -> @gmail.com

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hey, guys, I work for OWV Productions and Netflix; we are filming in San Diego a political drama and a scene requires the hero to ride a black Yamaha R3 into the shot, and promptly get off the motorcycle. We would like to rent a black Yamaha R3 for the going rate of $200 a day, for the date of July, Friday 29th (07/29), with the rate increasing by $25, every hour we go over 12 hours of use. The Production team understands renting a vehicle may inconvenience our renters, therefore, we offer free shuttling to anywhere our renter may need traveling to, or they can remain on set and watch their vehicle be used and filmed.
Thanks for your time, on behalf of the OWV Production team,
Jorge Arana.
(619) 361-6102
jarana1203 -> @gmail.com
Film in Austin, and you got a deal! :D
****, I can ship it to you! Hahaha

·
Registered
732 Posts
If you can fly me and my black R3 from Brooklyn, you gotta deal. :) There are a lot of SoCal boys here on the R3 forums, so you probably won't have an issue getting some hits. One question though-who is riding the bike? The actor or a stunt double? I'm assuming the rider is an experienced rider and your insurance covers any damage, etc. I'm sure those are some things you might want to put forth as it would be something I'd want to know before I let anyone touch my R3. But hey, that's just neurotic me.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Also, since when can Netflix not afford a 5k motorcycle?
****, i'll sell you mine. lol.

·
Registered
162 Posts
When they realize it only comes in red, blue or gray. Ah, well there was black in 2015.
I will leave today, and ride to Cali on my black R3. Just let me know! :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Robot Ninja shares a good point. Our Precision Stunt Driver will be riding the motorcycle into the shot. A valid license will be provided. As far as MSDSS' point, this production relies mainly on local research and resource - this is to say, we fund only as we see necessary. Not even dense production teams like those involved in HOC, or S8, would buy a new motorcycle. Most Picture Vehicles are actually provided by the very Crew members involved in the production. Thanks for your guys' input, by the way!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts