Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone, Hope you all are doing good. I am from New Delhi, India. Been riding 150cc and 200cc motorcycles for the past 10 years. I am planning buy the Yamaha R3 next month. I have joined this forum to share my riding experience of the R3 and also get to know the ownership experiences of the folks out here in this forum. I only had one question regarding the motorcycle. How do I determine the year of manufacture of the motorcycle? Your inputs will really be helpful. Thank you

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Easiest way to know what color you're looking at quickly is to become familiar with the colors that were available each year. The blue has been available since 2015 but the decals change so again, on visual inspection alone, you can see what year the bike is.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum

Easiest way to know what color you're looking at quickly is to become familiar with the colors that were available each year. The blue has been available since 2015 but the decals change so again, on visual inspection alone, you can see what year the bike is.
Thank you so much for your inputs. As far as colors are concerned nothing has changed since 2015. I think the year of manufacture will be indicated somewhere on the bike because even if there are no updates, the year of manufacturing has to change. Will have a closer look at the display models at the showroom.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thank you so much for your inputs. As far as colors are concerned nothing has changed since 2015. I think the year of manufacture will be indicated somewhere on the bike because even if there are no updates, the year of manufacturing has to change. Will have a closer look at the display models at the showroom.
The 10th digit of the VIN number will indicate the year of manufacturing. For example mine is an "F" and it is a 2015, a "G" will indicate 2016 and so on. I hope this helps you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The 10th digit of the VIN number will indicate the year of manufacturing. For example mine is an "F" and it is a 2015, a "G" will indicate 2016 and so on. I hope this helps you.
This will really help. So yesterday I had visited the dealer and booked the bike. They told me 10th character will be 'H'.

Welcome to the forum from another new face here.

As mspgirl says your VIN will tell you. Here's a link to the complete list of Yamaha years -

yamaha-motor.co.nz/support/faq/how-can-i-identify-the-year-my-motorcycleatv-was-manufactured
Thank you. The link is not working. The dealer has assured me that I will given a 2017 model but before taking the delivery I will definitely check this

Yeah, I agree... the VIN is the best way.
I didn't realize that in India, the R3's colors haven't changed at all. What a bummer for you guys.
The sale of this bike is less here in India and dealers get the bike to the showroom based on the orders. It is not even available in the display. So looking at all this Yamaha India has not really changed the colors and the bike does not have ABS unlike US. Here it is available only in two colors ie black and blue

·
Registered
11 Posts
Another prospective R3 buyer here...Just waiting for Yamaha India to sort out the Error-19.

I hope the current recall will fix the issue up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you ??

Another prospective R3 buyer here...Just waiting for Yamaha India to sort out the Error-19.

I hope the current recall will fix the issue up.
Hi,

The recall has happened for a specific batch of 2016 model which had an issue with the fuel tank bracket and the main switch corrosion. Since Yamaha has done a recall, I am sure they have fixed the problem for the future ones as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thank you ??

Hi,

The recall has happened for a specific batch of 2016 model which had an issue with the fuel tank bracket and the main switch corrosion. Since Yamaha has done a recall, I am sure they have fixed the problem for the future ones as well.

Thank you !
Then time to bite the bullet !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts