Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know how to do it, is it even possible on the R3? Is it hurtful for the engine or other parts?

I'm not tech-savvy but stumbled upon that backfire topic some time ago and I wanted to know what's the deal with the R3.

·
r3-forums.com Vendor
780 Posts
Backfires generally happen when you rev the engine into the higher RPMs then quickly close the throttle. It's not hurtful, but is more common when the engine is running lean, which can be hurtful, as a a leaner running engine will run hotter.

·
Registered
169 Posts
There is a lot of confusion when it comes to exhaust backfires or pops. Basically if you have fire coming out of your exhaust your exhaust system is "malfunctioning" . Your running it too lean and it can have harmful effects on the bike because it is not intended to have that much back pressure. YOU can make the Yamaha r3 spit fire with a company called devil exhausts. If you get the full d5C exhaust system, roughly 600 bucks, you can achieve this At high rpms. Hope this helped

·
Registered
234 Posts
Since I installed my Devil slip-on muffler, my R3 backfires every now and then when I close the throttle, but nothing terribly loud.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Why would you want to make it backfire ?

·
Registered
234 Posts
My backfires are just something that happens; not trying to make them. The OP may like the sound maybe?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts