Yamaha R3 Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Random info..! Here is NZ, dealers are selling them for around $8400 NZD OTD which is about $5641 USD. This seems to be fixed and there are no outrageous markups.

In saying that, I bought my first R3 from a dealer in 2018 for only $6900 NZD OTD which is about $4634 USD so prices have certainly gone up due to inflation and COVID.

At the end of the day, just try look for good deals. My latest R3 is a 2022 and got it "second hand" with literally only 100kms on the clock for $7200 NZD ($4835 USD).

·
Registered
482 Posts
Here's my take on the "garbage fees".... To some it may sound irrational, but think about it- FREIGHT: This a B.S. charge most likely made up by dealers. If I buy a can of soup at my local grocery store, I don't pay and "extra" shipping charge for the grocery store to acquire that can of soup before selling it to me. Why are motorcycles somehow different? PREP/SET-UP: This should be optional (I've asked-it's not). Dealers claim it's a liability-thing :rolleyes:. Most of my bikes end up on a race track. I've purchased brand new bikes, trailered them home, and started tearing them apart to prep them for track use. No dealer will "let" you buy a bike in a crate, and do the VERY minimal set-up yourself. I've been there when my bikes were being un-crated. It takes about 30 minutes to put on the front wheel, and handlebars/mirrors. This "service", even at their own shop rate of let's say $100/hour, should be about $50. This is NOT a $300 service, but yet they force you to pay for it. I'm fortunate to have a dealer charges close to MSRP + tax & license- on every bike I've purchased over the last 30 years-

·
Registered
356 Posts
I paid 6,000 dollars out the door in April of 2020 for my team Yamaha blue 2020 r3. This was in Arizona and before the market went wild.
$5,500 MSRP, plus 430 dest + 200, ($6,130) + 7.5% = $6,589. An additional dealer/local premium of $1,111 seems a bit crazy to me. But, I bought a Z06 Corvette in California that cost me $12,000 over MSRP (Cali premium of course), so I have zero ground to stand on. If the price is absorbable and you really like the bike... and can't find a better deal somewhere else, then go for it and don't look back. If I had been smarter, I would have bough the Vette in Missouri, where they were selling at under MSRP at the time.... but the car was just fine either way.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts