Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I am currently in the market for an R3 at Daly City, CA and was given an OTD price of $5840.00 by one of the dealers for a 2016 Matte Gray R3 after fees/registration/taxes etc. It seems like a decent cost considering a buddy of mine bought a 2015 R3 for $5800.00 OTD. But my question is, is there anyone around here in CA that managed to talk them down a bit more? Or is this price already reasonable enough? (First time doing this whole negotiating deal) Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey Hobbez! I'm right next door in Pacifica.

I got my 2015 in Nov from K&B Motorsports in Petaluma for $5400 OTD.
There are a couple on Craigslist right now for $4500.

Let me know once you get the bike. It'd be fun to have some riding company.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Further you get away from 415 , the less sales tax. Try Modesto, Stockton, Tracy. 2016 Red/White, $5600 OTD as well in Fayetteville, NC.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I paid 5k OTD at Wheels in Motion in Chatsworth a couple months ago. That was for a 2015 though. You need to find a volume dealer to get the best price. A price of $5,500 is like paying MSRP, tax, and registration (in CA) so I definitely wouldn't pay more than that for a 2016 if you want the gray. The 2015's are where you could probably get less than that. It's the Dealer markups that get the price north of $5,500 and that should all be negotiable. You just have to find the right dealer. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm looking to buy for registration in SF, dealers are refusing to go below $5900. Even when I've showed them others have gotten for less.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm looking to buy for registration in SF, dealers are refusing to go below $5900. Even when I've showed them others have gotten for less.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I bought for registration in SF, and I got $6k OTD with the Yamaha extended warranty billed at $200, which meant that the bike and all associated taxes/fees were calculated to be $5.8k. Doubtful you're going to get a better deal than that b/c if you look at the price breakdown, the taxes & fees for SF registration is much of why the OTD price is so much higher than MSRP. After doing the math, it doesn't seem like the Bay Area dealerships are making much off the R3 if you're registering it in SF.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts