Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there all members...
I'm a proud new owner of this truly beautiful bike. Bout it straight from a dealer with only modifications were the fender eliminator and the Akrapovic Full exhaust system. after getting sick of riding my brothers 2010 Ninja 250, Honda Shadow 400 for approximately 2 years, thought it be a good idea to get one I can personally call mine. Looked at Honda CBR500 and seriously considered the Ninja300 before the R3 was released in July 2015. Being a Yamaha fan, pleased with the first impression of its aesthetic looks, it sealed the deal for me. Black was the natural choice before I signed the papers.
My first ride of the R3 was the day I first took it home from the dealership. Was totally surprised by the feel and genuinely happy with power due to the restrictions I've got on my licence... Never had a licence the 2 years previous.
Planning for future mods of short levers, Halo HID headlights and some fairing details and just a upgrade to bling it up.
Anyone in Sydney can spear me to any contacts for these mods to be possible will be much appreciated. Sorry for the long first introduction... Extreme high enthusiasm is evident...lol
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
545 Posts
:( I would kill to get a pair of those front turn signals. Look so much better than what we get in the states. I cant find those anywhere for sale. Congrats on the bike.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Introduction is never too long mate. Good to see you are enthousiast about the R3. If you want to get parts, ebay will be your friend :)

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
:( I would kill to get a pair of those front turn signals. Look so much better than what we get in the states. I cant find those anywhere for sale. Congrats on the bike.
Those are just the non-U.S. OEM Yamaha signals.

Here they are, not OEM but identical in shape and with clear lenses. These are LEDs so you'd need a flasher relay to make them flash at the correct 85fpm rate. TST Industries sells those. Link below.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-Turn-Si...121527838582?var=&hash=item1c4b9fa776&vxp=mtr

https://tstindustries.com/LED-Flasher-Relay-Gen2.html

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on your first bike! We all know that enthusiasm level and the majority, if not all of us would never seek to curb it! I'm new to this forum here but I've already seen a lot of experienced riders helping out some who may not have as much or, maybe even no prior experience which is the way it's supposed to be. I've seen some people elsewhere act too cool for school and that can kill the sport for others which is the exact opposite of what is supposed to happen. Thankfully the norm is encouragement, assistance and camaraderie which is probably a big reason so many people ride motorcycles for so long and more people keep discovering why it's so awesome!

Sorry for the long reply, your enthusiasm is contagious friend!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts