Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a pair of Bull-It Tactical jeans that come with the CE lvl 2 knee and hip armor. Got them yesterday, the waist fits great, the thigh area is pretty baggy for being straight jeans.

The knee armor is in the correct position when standing, but when I get on the bike, the knee armor slides to the inside of my knees, pretty much on my inner leg. My knee cap and outer portion of my knee is totally exposed. I can re-adjust them to the proper position once seated, but I am not sure if they will stay there once riding since the pants tend to want to pull to the inside and I don’t want to be readjusting my armor all the time while riding.

Those have have armor in their jeans, are you always having to re-adjust your knee armor and something you just have to live with, or does yours set correctly?

I am thinking it may be due to how baggy they are in the thigh area that cause them to pull to the inside of the leg. I am not a skinny jeans guy, but several reviews said they thought the straight jeans were to loose and the returned them for the skinny jeans that then were a better fit.

·
Super Moderator
983 Posts
I have the same problem and I'm not sure there's a fix. But the armor fits me well and only moves around while I'm crouched in a seated position on my bike. So, hopefully, the armor will be in place if I'm ever thrown off the bike. I'm all about comfort, so I'll leave the skinny jeans to someone younger, leaner, and more fashion conscience. Some of us old guys have other worries than getting compliments about our looks. Heck I do good to remember where I left my keys before a ride. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the same problem and I'm not sure there's a fix. But the armor fits me well and only moves around while I'm crouched in a seated position on my bike. So, hopefully, the armor will be in place if I'm ever thrown off the bike. I'm all about comfort, so I'll leave the skinny jeans to someone younger, leaner, and more fashion conscience. Some of us old guys have other worries than getting compliments about our looks. Heck I do good to remember where I left my keys before a ride. /forum/images/smilies/tango_face_smile.png
I don’t care about the looks more than the fit. My typical jean is a boot cut leg but I don’t like my jeans baggy from the knee to the waist. Maybe I will call Revzilla and see what they recommend.

I only have over pants so usually I wear a regular pair of jeans with my over pants over them. It works great for covering my work pants but for off days of riding I want to only put on one pair of pants.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts