Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!

Got my new r3 about two weeks ago and I just noticed that there is a wire zip tied to the left passenger foot peg. I tried looking in the manual but could not find any information on it. Does anyone know what that wire is for? I'm guessing it's just power from the battery?

-S

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Hey!

Got my new r3 about two weeks ago and I just noticed that there is a wire zip tied to the left passenger foot peg. I tried looking in the manual but could not find any information on it. Does anyone know what that wire is for? I'm guessing it's just power from the battery?

-S
More than likely a battery tender plug. You could pop your seat and look at the battery. Is it a thing like this plug :
https://www.batterystuff.com/batter...gs/small-charger-accessory-cables/ezc-01.html ? Mine is also attached to the peg.

·
Registered
271 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Mine does not have this wire. Some new bikes come with a power outlet wire already attached from the factory?
Good point. I didn't realize he said/meant new bike. If it's new from dealer than that is odd. Mine was 94 miles old, so that explains the tender. I don't have an explanation for his if t is a brand new bike other than the dealer charged the battery and forgot it, but that doesn't explain the zip tie.

·
Registered
717 Posts
When I bought mine I noticed the tender pigtail. My dealer told me they install them on all the yamahas they sell. Some people aren't getting this pigtail, so maybe your dealership's keeping them to sell...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts