Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm from Texas and i'm using the Costco program and I haven't bought the bike yet.

I didn't really try and negotiate the price however I feel like I should.

I plan on buying the bike here in about a month so I have time to try and work on making it lower.

I'm going to buy a bike cover and a slip on (Thinking two brothers). I'm going to have this added to the price of the bike(should i or would that be dumb?) To help justify lowering the price of the bike itself.

I read a few other posts and didn't think about trying to get a first service. what does that even include?

They didn't allow me to have a breakdown of how much it would cost for the bike with all the fees. I'm guessing so I can't take it to another dealer and all.

I'm currently OTD at 5,450.(saving around $800.00 with Costco program). This is taxes and fee's included. That's with trying to do zero down financing.

I'm asking for help on this cause I've never done anything like this and i'm just looking for some help on how I should go about doing this to help make this cheaper in the end for myself and to gain some knowledge on this.

Thank you in advance, sorry if this is long and all over the place, just trying to include everything to help get a better understanding for you all.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Costco

Looks like you already negotiated your price with Costco. saving of $800.00 sounds right. Bike 4,999.00 plus freight tax Registration etc. Over $1000.00 You can add your mods later take your time. Not sure about your financing 0% with Costco. I myself financed with Capital One Yamaha. o% I have to paid full amount of loan within 6 months. My bike OTD with all the gear Helmet - pants- jacket-Gloves-Sliders installed- Registration. Loan $7800.00 I pay 1299.99 per month to pay it off in six months.
As far as your first 600 mile service you do it your self, or pay someone Certified to do the work @ a cost $250-$300.00 Range. YouTube is where you learn and a Service Manual.

As far as saving money on toys it does not work in the real world. You already want to upgrade a
bike you don't have yet. See my point.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like you already negotiated your price with Costco. saving of $800.00 sounds right. Bike 4,999.00 plus freight tax Registration etc. Over $1000.00 You can add your mods later take your time. Not sure about your financing 0% with Costco. I myself financed with Capital One Yamaha. o% I have to paid full amount of loan within 6 months. My bike OTD with all the gear Helmet - pants- jacket-Gloves-Sliders installed- Registration. Loan $7800.00 I pay 1299.99 per month to pay it off in six months.
As far as your first 600 mile service you do it your self, or pay someone Certified to do the work @ a cost $250-$300.00 Range. YouTube is where you learn and a Service Manual.

As far as saving money on toys it does not work in the real world. You already want to upgrade a
bike you don't have yet. See my point.
Thank you for the reply. I see your point on saving money for the toys.

With the Costco program you save 15% on service and accessories. So maybe I'll just do that all at a later time.

As for the financing, it's not done through Costco. That's all done through the dealership as if it was a sale by them. They would go to different banks and try to find the best deal. I'm not limited to a 6 month deal,(Maybe you just decided to go with that one over others, that's my guess.) my dealer even said I could do like a 60 month if I really wanted to and just pay more when I could. (We where talking about the holidays coming up.)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yamaha deal was no interest if I pay it off in 6 Months. My loan is like a credit card bill. $78.00 min due per month with a warning about if you pay that you will pay $19,000 with interest.lol. I can chose to pay what ever I like as long as it's every month and the minimum due. The good thing is if you run into trouble making a payment you can pay the min and make it up anytime. I could pay it off in a year if I wanted to but it would cost me a bit more. The best way to save money on the bike is for me to pay it off ASP. That interest could be the cost of all your upgrades.

Just curious how much would the bike cost you @ 60 months and what are the payment going to be?
in 4 years what is the value of your bike ? wear and tear possible damage.(Possible upgrade) and how much left to pay off. Harder to sell a used bike if you don't have the title.
just a few things to think about. Myself if I decided to upgrade in a year to a R6 or R1. I could sell it for cash or trade it in. I'm not this small bike is soooooo nice.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hello,

I'm from Texas and i'm using the Costco program and I haven't bought the bike yet.

I didn't really try and negotiate the price however I feel like I should.

I plan on buying the bike here in about a month so I have time to try and work on making it lower.

I'm going to buy a bike cover and a slip on (Thinking two brothers). I'm going to have this added to the price of the bike(should i or would that be dumb?) To help justify lowering the price of the bike itself.

I read a few other posts and didn't think about trying to get a first service. what does that even include?

They didn't allow me to have a breakdown of how much it would cost for the bike with all the fees. I'm guessing so I can't take it to another dealer and all.

I'm currently OTD at 5,450.(saving around $800.00 with Costco program). This is taxes and fee's included. That's with trying to do zero down financing.

I'm asking for help on this cause I've never done anything like this and i'm just looking for some help on how I should go about doing this to help make this cheaper in the end for myself and to gain some knowledge on this.

Thank you in advance, sorry if this is long and all over the place, just trying to include everything to help get a better understanding for you all.
$5450 OTD is a steal - probably better deal than almost all other buyers have gotten. I did $5550 by doing a cash OTD.

·
Registered
34 Posts
What is this Costco program ? Is it related to the Costco stores? And if so can any other states use it that have a Costco ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@Braunbear66 I can't remember how much it said, he didn't give me a defined number it was more of a "in the middle" price. However, I believe it was around $120.00 a month.
@ericbk02 You think it's a steal? Even with the way the weather is changing for fall? I almost was thinking about trying to get it cheaper just to haggle with him. However, I liked the guy so I almost didn't want to at the same time.
@TwiggLe You can find it here. www.costcoauto.com They will direct you to the closest dealership for the vehicle you're looking for. I called around at a few other dealerships in and out of state. A few didn't know what it was so it leads me to believe not every dealership does this program. Which also leads me to believe that it's dealership based, not manufacturer based. (Costco has made a deal with the dealership and not the manufacturer(Yamaha in this case.))

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update!!!!

Okay, so I have an update on my sale.

The sales person I was going to buy it from has moved on to another store so I got a new sales rep. He's actually the boat sales manager of the store(I find it funny cause he sales boats and he's going to sale a bike...no? just me... ok then :| lol)

So the actual price with the Costco program is going to be 5,536 dollars.

I also got a great deal on delivery...FREE! (would cost 200 dollars if he didn't throw it in(I know cause I was factoring that in cause I don't own a truck and i just moved to Texas). He really wanted me to buy from them and not Oklahoma cause well, if anyone knows about the Texas / Oklahoma Rivalry in anything(They strongly hate each other). You'll know they want to beat each other at anything. So that's how I got that offer thrown in. (How long will it take to ship you ask? They're going to follow me home and drop it off after i sign the paper work:eek::eek::eek:)

I also learned within the Costco program, you don't pay the prep fee and the freight fee. (Which I think is pretty bad ass, I believe it is around 600-700 dollars in savings(for me anyway))

·
Registered
27 Posts
5536 seems a little on the high side even with the $200 delivery fee. If you're going to pay that much it should be a 2016 model. For a 2015 this late in the season you should be around $5300 otd. Just my two cents

1 - 10 of 10 Posts