Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, this is my first post here nad I had some questions to ask.

First off, I don't have a bike yet nor have I ever rode before but I want to soon. I am deciding on the cbr 300r, Ninja 300 or Yamaha r3.

Because I am new to this, I'm also new to the gear.

So now to the questions.
1. For the people who commute (which is what I will be using the bike for), where would I put overpants when I get to my destination? Since I am going to school, I can't wear the same pants everyday.
2. Again, since I'm commuting to school, can y'all link me to a good pair of casual looking boots? Some that would look good with blue jeans.
3. A link to a good pair of gloves would be awesome too. I like the style that goes all the way up the wrist.

Thanks in advance for the responses.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Welcome.

1. Store it in a duffle bag/backpack. If you are in high school ask one of the teachers if they wouldn't mind holding onto your gear till the end of the school day. If in college, see if the student center has lockers. Or, instead of overpants, just get kevlar jeans.

2. Icon 1000 Truant CE Boots

3. Alpinestars SP-2

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome.

1. Store it in a duffle bag/backpack. If you are in high school ask one of the teachers if they wouldn't mind holding onto your gear till the end of the school day. If in college, see if the student center has lockers. Or, instead of overpants, just get kevlar jeans.

2. Icon 1000 Truant CE Boots

3. Alpinestars SP-2
Awesome, thanks for the information!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I tried over pants and didn't like t when I first started. They get entirely too hot. I suggest just some Kevlar reinforced and padded. Then change into your school clothes at school. Takes a few minutes longer but that's negated with the faster commute times.

·
Registered
42 Posts
You in highschool? If you are welcome to the high school club bud! What state you in?

Hey also here's a jacket recommendation just in case you haven't got one yet. Fangshui recently posted this it's an Axo leather jacket which normally runs for around 400 apparently and this dude is selling it for 102. **** I wanna buy it but can't spend that money right now. http://stores.ebay.com/Gregoire-Spo...=182600883&_sop=1&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322&_vc=1

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You in highschool? If you are welcome to the high school club bud! What state you in?

Hey also here's a jacket recommendation just in case you haven't got one yet. Fangshui recently posted this it's an Axo leather jacket which normally runs for around 400 apparently and this dude is selling it for 102. **** I wanna buy it but can't spend that money right now. http://stores.ebay.com/Gregoire-Spo...=182600883&_sop=1&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322&_vc=1
Thanks for the recommendation! But no, I'm a sophomore in college.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Get yourself a decent lock and chain and chain it up to something solid or it might not be there when you come out of college at the end of your day.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Get yourself a decent lock and chain and chain it up to something solid or it might not be there when you come out of college at the end of your day.
****, in middle of the day, in the middle of the parking lot?

·
Registered
254 Posts
AXO jacket $450 retail $102 thats Crazy it's for real.

Just got mine at the front porch in a square heavy box early dilervery from Canada delivery to LA was $30.00 jacket $102 this jacket is being sold to cheap. It's really really nice for sure a $450.00 jacket I can't believe it fit perfect I got the large in Black with the RED and White. I sent the Seller a message telling him how happy I was with the jacket. Im going to buy another one. in a different color. Limited supply from this seller can't find the jacket anywhere.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I just fell on it for alpinestar sp-2 gloves. fell/slided on 4-50miles per hour and did have decent protection. Here's one of them after I fell on it, destroyed $140 but saved my hand(not a single scratch, just twisted my wrist for a bit)
I do recommend you get a dufflebag/locker to store the motorcycle jacket/boots/pants. Too many squid(I live by a college) that seeing too many of them EVERY day. I would not want to go out one day and see one laying on the floor and dying to do emergency life support on them and call 911.
Imagine if you fall and hospitalized to get dropped out in the middle of one semester and you have to wait til next year for the same course and delay your school for a year and you'd have to explain it to your future employer every time you go for a job interview. Even ask your parents or even ask for advance paycheck from your part time, gear up. It's not like you borrowing money for buying a new xbox it's protecting their investment as well

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts