Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so if I install a full exhaust system and a high flow air filter, would it be cheaper to take it to a dump to get tuned then picking up a power commander? I'm also not totally clear on how to actually set up the PCommander with the optimal ecu map, is there a way to auto tune?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
100 Posts
You will need to get a Power Commander. As far as tuning, you can either take it to a shop to have it dyno-tuned, or you could get an autotuner from Dynojet. I recommend a custom tune from a good shop like Marietta Motorsports.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You will need to get a Power Commander. As far as tuning, you can either take it to a shop to have it dyno-tuned, or you could get an autotuner from Dynojet. I recommend a custom tune from a good shop like Marietta Motorsports.

Thank you for the input! Do I need to change the O2 sensor as well? Idk if there's a Marietta Motorsports in my area but I'll check, I'm in SWFL

·
Registered
304 Posts
Stock O2 sensor will work just fine. You can also order a Power Commander or Bazzaz fi from one of the vendors on the forum and they can set up the mapping for you based upon the exhaust system/filter you are running.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stock O2 sensor will work just fine. You can also order a Power Commander or Bazzaz fi from one of the vendors on the forum and they can set up the mapping for you based upon the exhaust system/filter you are running.

That'd be awesome, I noticed there was a vendor section, never ordered through a forum though was worried about safety

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thank you for the input! Do I need to change the O2 sensor as well? Idk if there's a Marietta Motorsports in my area but I'll check, I'm in SWFL

There's only on Marietta Motorsports. They're in Marietta, GA. Its a bit of a drive, but worth it. Tell Huey Peanut suggested you go there.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There's only on Marietta Motorsports. They're in Marietta, GA. Its a bit of a drive, but worth it. Tell Huey Peanut suggested you go there.

After I get the bike and exhaust and everything else, I think I will go up there to have it dyno'd, there rates seemed good and everywhere I can find near me has jacked up reviews. For example sun sports sold a guy a trailer, told him the tires were inspected and we're A-OK, they blew out on the highway and they were rotted

·
Registered
100 Posts
You won't be disappointed. Huey does a lot of tuning for Club, and Pro racers. He is very knowledgeable, and won't try to bullshit you. If you have aftermarket suspension, he can also set it up for you. Just don't lean on, or sit on any other customer's bikes. He won't say anything to you, but it really irritates him.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You won't be disappointed. Huey does a lot of tuning for Club, and Pro racers. He is very knowledgeable, and won't try to bullshit you. If you have aftermarket suspension, he can also set it up for you. Just don't lean on, or sit on any other customer's bikes. He won't say anything to you, but it really irritates him.

I would never do that! I think that's so rude and disrespectful. I wouldn't like someone just coming up and sitting on my bike.

Saw a video from Jake the Garden Snake where he hopped on someone else's bike and took off with it.

He didn't go far or anything, but he's taking the guys sport bike through dirt bike terrain and it's like dude that's just a dick move, guy didn't even k ow he took it at first.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I like seeing people catch someone messing with their bike.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like seeing people catch someone messing with their bike.

Lol oh yea, it's just rude like, you wouldn't walk up to someone's corvette and just hop in lok

1 - 11 of 11 Posts