Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brought the lady home earlier this year in February. Its my first bike, I have learned so much from it already!

Im totally hooked into riding and modding haha, I live in the Burlington area of the GTA in Ontario. Holla if you are out there fellow R3's!

List of mods:
-Moto dynamic fender delete and rear brake light
-Rear LED signals
-Some custom exhaust I got online
-Kemimoto rear sets
-CNC FX levers with silicone grips
-Flush mount front signals with running lights mod
-White front DRL LED and headlights
-Progrip blue rim tape
-Tank pad and side grips
-Digital voltmeter
-Xgrip phone mount
-2CH front and rear dash cam
-12v and USB power outlets
-NOCO battery tender
-Custom 4 accessory fuse box
-Painted Tire logos in White

Cheers EH

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Brought the lady home earlier this year in February. Its my first bike, I have learned so much from it already!

Im totally hooked into riding and modding haha, I live in the Burlington area of the GTA in Ontario. Holla if you are out there fellow R3's!

List of mods:

-Moto dynamic fender delete and rear brake light

-Rear LED signals

-Some custom exhaust I got online

-Kemimoto rear sets

-CNC FX levers with silicone grips

-Flush mount front signals with running lights mod

-White front DRL LED and headlights

-Progrip blue rim tape

-Tank pad and side grips

-Digital voltmeter

-Xgrip phone mount

-2CH front and rear dash cam

-12v and USB power outlets

-NOCO battery tender

-Custom 4 accessory fuse box

-Painted Tire logos in White

Cheers EH

Glad you love it :) can't wait to get mine. Can you post a picture of the USB outlets and the 12v?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I managed to stuff the dash cam, fuse box and the outlets into the rear seat by removing the pizza pops tray. Ill try to remember taking a picture of the guts tomorrow, but here's where I got the outlet!

My phone holder also has a USB outlet up front where it really matters which I got here!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I managed to stuff the dash cam, fuse box and the outlets into the rear seat by removing the pizza pops tray. Ill try to remember taking a picture of the guts tomorrow, but here's where I got the outlet!

My phone holder also has a USB outlet up front where it really matters which I got here!

Very nice!

·
Registered
69 Posts

Links were dead though D:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Links were dead though D:

Sorry for the dead links, I snapped some pictures after my ride into Toronto tonight!

So I have a 12v adapter and dual usb outlet, has a long wire I can feed out of the back and onto the seat or in my backpack if need be. The initial intention was to power an air compressor if I ever get a flat with this unit. It was ment to be handle bar mounted but as we all very well know that is some premium real estate.

My xgrip phone mount also has a 2A usb charger so I can find my way home after I ride off into the wilderness

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey buddy, if I buy you a coffee, can you swing by sometime and help me install the blue rim tape? I actually even have silver but it wouldn't stick at all. I must be doing something wrong.
It was a pain in the rear end to install I agree, having only a rear stand made the back rim easy to apply the tape but the front was difficult. It also came with a mini tool in the package, helped quite a bit but you still have to press down afterwards to make sure the tape is on securely!

Also make sure you clean the rim well. I probably should have used a fallout cleaner or some heavy duty rim cleaner, but I was lazy and used qwik detail haha

If I can find the time sure I dont mind helping!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
It was a pain in the rear end to install I agree, having only a rear stand made the back rim easy to apply the tape but the front was difficult. It also came with a mini tool in the package, helped quite a bit but you still have to press down afterwards to make sure the tape is on securely!

Also make sure you clean the rim well. I probably should have used a fallout cleaner or some heavy duty rim cleaner, but I was lazy and used qwik detail haha

If I can find the time sure I dont mind helping!
Did you use rim tape that comes in a roll? I bought that stuff a long time ago from cycle gear. Never again. That stuff is so brittle. Precut rim tape is the way to go. So easy to put on, so easy to remove. Easy to fix if it's crooked. When you take it off, it doesn't break down into hundreds of little pieces like th rolled stuff.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts