Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've seen the r25 with what I believe is an aftermarket swing arm that looks like they can hold larger width tires. If you YouTube custom R25 then you'll see what I mean. Anyone have any info on these swing arms?

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
This R25 looks to have the stock swingarm and has a 180 rear tire on it according to the article.

Someone on here successfully test fit a 160 tire, but I dont think they mentioned clearances... a 180 tire on the stock swingarm might not be out of the question, but anything larger than a 160 on the stock rim might not be do-able

Custom R25

·
Registered
391 Posts
you ever see the guys in thailand who put lik 600 swingarms on there. THeres a few CBR300's I've seen with 600RR aluminium swing arms. Looks great... not needed, but yea it looks the business ;)

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Can anyone help us? :D
With what? Installing a bigger swing arm to install bigger rims and tires? I'm not opposed to customizing your bike but if you think about it, you may just spend a few grand on parts and labor, not to mention R&D to install something that more than likely will make the bike ride like crap compared to its stock geometry. All in the sake of making it look beefier on the rear. It will probably look no better than any other 600 out there. In the end you are better off just getting a used 600. Less headache and problems. Now if you are making a show bike R3/25, and want to customize that swing arm, that's cool too, you probably aren't worried about the costs. That said, please graft a single sided swing arm lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts