Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2015 YZF-R3 (STOCK) RAVEN
10 Posts
Newbie here I just bought myself a 2015 low mileage R3 8,000km. Let me tell a little story about myself. I’m in Canada and migrated since 2008, I have dreamed and wanting to own a Yamaha Big Bikes before, way back in my country of origin we can drive motorcycles on the street without any helmets, but a Yamaha 100cc’s we’re the one that we can afford. And then I have this luck to come here in this beautiful Country CANADA. So I planned owning one of Yamaha’s Big Bike but then First Baby came, 13 Years later I already have 4 Kids and their all grown up. Time for me to have something that I dreamed before and here it is my First Big Bike the R3. You know here in North America we can only Ride Moto on the Month of April to November the rest will be winter snowy roads. I will cut the story short and thank you for reaching here reading my story. I’m not fully license yet. I still have to do a written exam to get my probationary license so that I can ride this beast next year. Wish me luck on my next journey. View attachment 69451
ATTENTION ALL 2015-2016 YZF-R3 OWNERS!!! if you are not the original owner, you need to have the previous owner or a dealership put the Yamaha records into your name AND you need to find out about the recalls on our bikes. I (2nd owner) unfortunately found out too late that there was a recall on our oil pumps. PLEASE DON'T MAKE THIS A NON-PRIORITY!!! IT'S NOT FUN TO RIDE A BIKE WITH A SEIZED MOTOR!!!

·
Registered
2015 YZF-R3 (STOCK) RAVEN
10 Posts
On the NHTSA website, I could not get my VIN# to work and it advised me to go to a dealership. I did and that's what I was told. That I could not do the transfer. The original owner must or it must be done by a dealership. Please, it wouldn't hurt you to have the dealership run your VIN# to be sure. A seized motor is well first off a really bad thing! My motor died from oil starvation. My bearings seized up. My connecting rod stretched and the piston broke free which smashed my spark plug. Sadly, it no longer even cranks over.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts