Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I am new here in the forum, hope i chose the right place for my question.

So i have a 2020 r3 and I want to put a stunt and subcage on, which i already received. The manufacturer wrote on his site that it fits the 15/16 model. Are they different than 19/20? I tried to put the cage on but could not find any place that could fit.
Does someone have photos of where to connect the cage to the bike?

Thank you.
Ps: i will post soon cool pics of LED r3 and Switzerland ))

·
Registered
327 Posts
The mounting points should still be the same since there wasn't any frame/engine changes between the model years but the cage was designed for the old fairing design so you'll need to cut up your new fairings.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The mounting points should still be the same since there wasn't any frame/engine changes between the model years but the cage was designed for the old fairing design so you'll need to cut up your new fairings.
Thanks for your reply. I am happy to hear that! Do you maybe have pictures where the mounting points are?
I took the fairings of yesterday and tried to find where it could fit, but i didnt see anything.

·
Registered
209 Posts
It will be difficult.... The 19-20 version with the the updated bodywork will challenge you. I'm assuming it mounts to the frame/motor mounts. The updated bodywork has 3 separate pieces of the side fairing that go directly where the front motor mount is. There a many complex/different angles to try drill through with a hole-saw (the preferred method). I wanted to put Woodcraft frame sliders on my 2019. I spoke directly to Eric Wood (President of Woodcraft), and he advised me to either buy no-cut frame sliders from someone else, or put race bodywork on (one-pc. side fairings). Good luck-

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It will be difficult.... The 19-20 version with the the updated bodywork will challenge you. I'm assuming it mounts to the frame/motor mounts. The updated bodywork has 3 separate pieces of the side fairing that go directly where the front motor mount is. There a many complex/different angles to try drill through with a hole-saw (the preferred method). I wanted to put Woodcraft frame sliders on my 2019. I spoke directly to Eric Wood (President of Woodcraft), and he advised me to either buy no-cut frame sliders from someone else, or put race bodywork on (one-pc. side fairings). Good luck-
Thanks for your reply. I think I will figure out where to cut the side fairings. I took of all the said fairings to figure out in which mounts the cage will be connected. But for me it did not match the holes. I rotated it a lot but did not find a possible place.

Can you tell me which are the correct holes when i take the fairings of for a picture?

·
Registered
209 Posts
I can certainly try. I have ZERO experience with a stunt cage, but assume it mounts to the motor mounts. On the R3 the motor mounts are near the top of the motor, on the sides of the head. The front motor mount is close to the exhaust port. The rear motor mount is not far from where the throttle bodies sit on the intake side of the head, and mounts on a small tab that's welded to the frame. Like I said, I have ZERO experience with mounting a stunt cage..... I just know where the motor mounts are. Good luck-

·
Registered
209 Posts
Based on the pictures, the part on the right looks like it's one of the side pieces. The longer bare-ended tubes are most likely the top, and mount to the motor mounts, the bottom hole might bolt to the motor cases somewhere? The piece in the left looks like the tail section that replaces the footage brackets-

1 - 7 of 7 Posts