Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Added the Yoshimura slip-on to the R3 today. Love the look but wondering if I need to make any throttle adjustments or an ECU flash. Not sure I would with just a slip-on but thought I would ask. Poc attached.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
928 Posts
+1 on GoFaster's comment. Most slip-ons leave the 'catalytic converter' intact, so no problems. The "M4 slip-on" (and maybe others) designed for the R3 does eliminate the cat, and creates the same air/fuel 'problems' as a full exhaust replacement.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I took a good look at the catalytic converter while I was putting on the slip-on, and realized that a full exhaust would have been much better. The catalytic converter looks heavy.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm thinking about sawing it off and just putting a straight pipe in it's place then getting the $250 Norton ECU flash. I know it's not all custom but back when I was into cars, Subaru's just did a Stage 2 which was any exhaust with an ECU upgrade to handle the increased air flow. This would be "stage 2" for the R3 ?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol. I guess the issue is the midpipe connection to the back. I would presume there could be a leak if you don't use two proper slip-on points (one on each end), or else weld the more forward end.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts