Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

i am an r3 rider from the uk trying to get lower clipons i heard about vortex clipons but i dont know how to get them from the uk is there any other good clip ons that are sold here in the uk as i really hate the stock one they are so high and look really ugly :( so if anyone got any advice would be much appreciated :)

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I like the stock clip-ons. I think they are great. To each his own.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Basically, almost any 41mm clip on should work.

I just searched on ebay UK and plenty of American vendors are selling vortex sets with shipping to the Uk.

Here's an excellent article written by one of our vendors, who has installed quite a few different sets on his race bike. He might even be able to ship you a set if you get in contact with him. Shipping across the pond won't be cheap, but you'll know for certain what you are buying will fit well.

http://www.yamahar3racing.com/2016/03/finally-lower-clipons-that-fit-well-vortex-clipons-vs-stock/

·
Registered
542 Posts
I do not believe so, but don't quote me on that.

Ive ordered a few parts from china/taiwan for bikes and have never had to pay anything other than the international postage.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Isn't Lighttech a UK ODM? I think they have clip-ons. I know they have rear sets. Dimotv is a fantastic part company (Designed in Germany and made in Taiwan). Their parts are super high quality and really nice looking but their clip-ons are pricey. Vortex are nice but I am not sure if they're available in UK.

Here is Dimotiv's site: http://www.dmv.com.tw/html/front/bin/home.phtml

Jesse @jbluetooth) is a vendor and Vortex reseller here on the R3 forums. You can go to his store and blog site and contact him via the site or through forum PM's. He might be able to ship overseas for you. He usually has Vortex clip-ons in stock and can probably ship as fast as you can click. Give him a try, he's really a great and helpful guy even though he has funny colored hair. ;-)

You can PM Jesse using his screen name: @jbluetooth

Here is a link to his site. You might try ordering on his site and see if there is overseas shipping available on the site-I'm not sure.

http://www.yamahar3racing.com/

·
Registered
476 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Has anyone bought any of these? Wouldn't mind a new set of clipons, but would want to know if there are any clearance issues as well as how they look on the bike.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Has anyone bought any of these? Wouldn't mind a new set of clipons, but would want to know if there are any clearance issues as well as how they look on the bike.
This is something that I've been reading up on, but there always seems to be clearance issues when switching the clip ons.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well I know that Woodcraft makes a 5 degree clipon that doesn't have any issues (normally) but most of the issues I have seen though is that everyone likes to relocate them under the triple tree, which causes them to rub on the fairings. Personally I'd place these where the stock ones are now, but that's me. They're not bad looking bars though, might give them a try and see.

·
Registered
542 Posts
No clearance issues with my vortexes. I just had to rotate the brake line slightly.

I have not lowered the front though, which is recommended to make everything flush everything. This would make it very close to touching the inner fairing, but I still don't think there'd be any real issues.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts