Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Saw it before on reddit, looks like the rear just kicked out on him and he panicked. Not sure if his tires were cold, if he just ham fisted mid turn or what. I'm surprised it wasn't worse based on how he went down.

·
Registered
64 Posts
In the comments he said his foot peg scraped, he let off the throttle and tapped the rear brake to avoid a low side and the bike straightened up on him which resulted in the accident.

·
Registered
433 Posts
maybe he did scrape a peg, something caused him to tense up and target fixate, maybe to hot into the turn and lost confidence

looks like it happened in my city, I'll try to contact the youtuber and see if I can get a cheap set of wheels for my track bike

·
Super Moderator
1,307 Posts
Saw that yesterday, his bike really smacked that pole, he's f'n luckily he totally escaped and landed in tall grass apparently free of any sizable rocks. Disassembled the front-end in record time!! The cluster gauge speedo was funny to me for some reason.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Time for him to make a "naked" bike out of it!

·
Registered
330 Posts
All about body position and SRs there. He definitely wasn't leaned over at all which increased lean angle on the motorcycle itself, decreasing grip. Definitely crossed up. And it looks like, but I may be wrong since it is hard to tell, he fixated on the pole and drove himself right into it.

Glad he's okay. That's a great way to learn that lesson. Sucks to lose the bike, but always good to leave mostly unscathed, save his pride.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts