Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I recently purchased an anodized racing exhaust for my 2017 yamaha r3. Although it does sound well, I had some encounters with the placement of the exhaust, and was overall a disaster because it ended up melting a part of my bike right next to my headers... Me being a noob, i'm unsure of what it is.. any insight??? and possibilites to fix this other than me putting my stock cat back on?? i think the part can be moved because its almost like its mounted there... well now its mounted there in melted plastic, and I need to make sure I can figure out a solution to this.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
Yeah, what KimmyR3 said.. If you want to get an idea what's going on there, log onto the website: "Yamaha R3 Racing" and look at their How-To video on "Remove the emission System and install.." It'll give you an idea on what's at each end of the canister. Since you've replaced the exhaust already, you may be interested in following the suggestions in this video and upgrading for some performance reasons. These guys at Yamaha R3 Racing are one of the Vendors on this forum. I suspect they'd be glad to help out with ideas and products. Good Luck. ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, I recently purchased an anodized racing exhaust for my 2017 yamaha r3. Although it does sound well, I had some encounters with the placement of the exhaust, and was overall a disaster because it ended up melting a part of my bike right next to my headers... Me being a noob, i'm unsure of what it is.. any insight??? and possibilites to fix this other than me putting my stock cat back on?? i think the part can be moved because its almost like its mounted there... well now its mounted there in melted plastic, and I need to make sure I can figure out a solution to this.
Ever get it fixed? If so, How?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts