Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know any decent exhaust manufacturers for the R3. Apart from the usual Akra, Arrow etc?

Want something which sounds deep but sporty at the same time?

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
There are dozens of available exhausts for our bikes.
I would suggest watching some youtube videos and see which you like.
Just keep in mind that the sound will never be quite the same as it is in person.

I'm happy with my Coffman. Sounds good, looks good and didn't cost an arm & a leg.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Honestly a slip on that doesn't remove the CAT sounds almost the same as stock! (Maybe sounds a bit louder, but not a drastic difference)

The cat converter muffles most of the sound, I'd go for a M4 Street slayer slip on. It removes the cat and gives it a nice shorty exhaust look!

Or if you have spare cash laying around, pick up a full exhaust from any brand

·
Registered
117 Posts
Honestly a slip on that doesn't remove the CAT sounds almost the same as stock! (Maybe sounds a bit louder, but not a drastic difference)

The cat converter muffles most of the sound, I'd go for a M4 Street slayer slip on. It removes the cat and gives it a nice shorty exhaust look!

yeah, true.... I can't get away with removing the cat - here in California, except for racing bikes. But some of these slip ons do make a little more aggressive tone at the higher rpm's and a nice putter at idle. I never minded the stock muffler much, except it was gawdy and boring. Like many things on all our bikes, some are performance enhancing, most are aesthetics :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Yeah I have had a look at the M4. Looks and sounds nice. May get 2 exhausts, so i can switch between the 2 whenever.

Thanks though

·
Registered
24 Posts
And by the time your done with your fuel controller and everything else, you'll be into that kit for at least a grand.
$1K for just a couple HP is a silly waste of money in my opinion... but it's just an opinion and we all know what those are like.
I agree with you 100%, I just have this thing for burnt titanium that really gets me going lol. Don't think I would spend that kind of money on this bike for 3hp, at least not right now.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've been following the forum pages for some time now, but this will be my first post as I wanted to offer another option that I haven't seen anyone, in any exhaust thread, bring up yet; check out Mivv exahusts out of Italy. (As I'm a new poster on the forum, I can't post the link on here)
They have six options for the R3. On their site they have photos, dyno charts, and detailed performance specs for their lineup.
I'd never heard of them before, but saw one on an FJR at the local Yam dealership, and can tell you it's a work of art.
Even the slip-on, if dyno charts are to be believed, offer a slight bump right across the rev range without changing the profile.
For my American neighbors, you can get them at PJ's Parts, and Paige, the lady I've dealt with has been great to deal with.
Mine will be here in Canada on the 12th of Sept, so I'll try and offer up some pictures once installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
http://www.sportbiketrackgear.com/m...3-15-16-street-slayer-carbon-slip-on-exhaust/

worth it for 400usd ? I mean 320cc bike, I like the sound but still dunno. should I spend money for it or not?
bcuz my dream is s1000rr
I bought my bike with this exhaust on it and the silencer wasn't included...its loud!! lol. Maybe that's just me being an old fart but I wish it was a lot quieter. I'm probably going to swap it out for a full system in the fall anyway, not so much for the sound, but because I don't like that it is the factory header with the cat cut off and I don't really like how it looks on the bike. Personal preference I guess.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I bought my bike with this exhaust on it and the silencer wasn't included...its loud!! lol. Maybe that's just me being an old fart but I wish it was a lot quieter. I'm probably going to swap it out for a full system in the fall anyway, not so much for the sound, but because I don't like that it is the factory header with the cat cut off and I don't really like how it looks on the bike. Personal preference I guess.
I coul not find any exhaust looks good and loud af.Do you have any idea ?

·
Registered
389 Posts
I agree. To me the M4 Street Slayer looks like a universal fit after thought. JMHO.

Reactions: Sqc049

·
Registered
139 Posts
If anyone is interested, here's a shot of the Mivv 'Suono' now that it's installed. Suono basically translates as "sound", and without having gone for a ride, I can offer that with a basic driveway revving the *#^* out of it, it makes it sound MUCH more aggressive - it resonates and sounds deeper and bigger. Not just raspy as in some I've heard.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts