Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looking good! You look like someone that can answer a few questions for me. Last weekend My son n law and I got a R3 for my granddaughter, I have no doubts that she can learn it and make it a good ride. I've been doing a lot of reading about this bike on the internet and have found may of my answers but one in particular evades me. The power to weight of this bike with my g'daughter on it is similar to my VStar1300 and me so I expect comparable performance all things being equal. The dealer said it won't pull wheelies but I find it had to believe him, I don't want to tell her one thing just to tell her wrong. If it can do them I just to be able to caution her about the possibilities. She hasn't taken her basic course yet (next week), she's 19, plays soccer (college scholarship) is 5'11" and rather fearless (within reason LOL). She's in the middle of finals now but I intend to get her to introduce herself.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bobb-1st The R3 is way too slow to wheelie but it's a awesome track bike for a expert like me or a novice she will love the R3 and there are 6 tracks in Texas she can go to and do track days

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bobb-1st The R3 is way too slow to wheelie but it's a awesome track bike for a expert like me or a novice she will love the R3 and there are 6 tracks in Texas she can go to and do track days
Thanks for the replies y'all. I actually found a couple of Youtube videos of some clutch wheelies with the R3. As you said no big ones though so she should be Ok. I might get out in front of the house and piss her off by doing one LOL. There might be six tracks in Texas but if there's one close it would probably be Dallas, 120 miles away.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Great pic, and I absolutely love your helmet graphics!

Question: I see you're from Austin; have you ever been out to Harris Hill in San Marcos? Being from San Antonio it's the nearest track to me. I plan to join soon, but I would love to hear from people that have ridden out there :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great pic, and I absolutely love your helmet graphics!

Question: I see you're from Austin; have you ever been out to Harris Hill in San Marcos? Being from San Antonio it's the nearest track to me. I plan to join soon, but I would love to hear from people that have ridden out there :)
Yes I've done a lotta track days there

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies y'all. I actually found a couple of Youtube videos of some clutch wheelies with the R3. As you said no big ones though so she should be Ok. I might get out in front of the house and piss her off by doing one LOL. There might be six tracks in Texas but if there's one close it would probably be Dallas, 120 miles away.[/QUO sadly oak hill raceway in henderson tx is closed now that was my favorite track

1 - 8 of 8 Posts