Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Lemon bike (2015 Yamaha R3 6,000 MILES)
I was riding on the freeway and I noticed it started to idle funny (deep like a chopper). I tried to pass a car up but the R3 wouldn't let me, it topped off at 80mph and wouldn't go any faster. As I tried to accelerate the RPM on the speedometer wouldn't rise but you could hear the bike reaching Max RPMS. I looked down on the speedometer and everything was normal, until I shifted down and the bike turned off on me. I waited a bit before reriding (to get off the freeway). With a lot of hesitation I made it to 65mph and got off the exit but as it was getting off as I let go of the thottle the engine shut off on me and 1. Showed it was over heating 2. Wouldn't turn over (even after it cooled down). I got it running now using a battery charger but I still got a thumping sound coming from inside the bike. Any idea what it might be? It's not throwing out any codes

·
Super Moderator
1,329 Posts
How's the oil level with the bike straight up and down and on level ground? When you say "wouldn't turn over" do you mean frozen, or just wouldn't fire up? A dying battery can give you all sorts of problems including refusing to run. But then you say the engine sounds funny. Can you post a youtube video?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How's the oil level with the bike straight up and down and on level ground? When you say "wouldn't turn over" do you mean frozen, or just wouldn't fire up? A dying battery can give you all sorts of problems including refusing to run. But then you say the engine sounds funny. Can you post a youtube video?
Yah, I just ended up taking it to the dealer because I have Yamaha Extended Service, I'm gonna see if they will cover it because I'm getting charged $900 alone for the tear down of the bike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts